Architect or Lead Consultant Requirement – Cornwall – Competitive Quotation
Appointment of Architect for the Shire House, Shire House Suite and Shire Hall and Turret Clock Tower.
Appointment of Architect for Shire House Suite, Shire Hall and Turret Clock
Bodmin Town Council
- Architectural, construction, engineering and inspection services – 71000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£200,000 to £250,000
23 March 2021
23 April 2021
Contract start date
1 June 2021
Contract end date
5 June 2023
Competitive quotation (non-OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Bodmin Town Council Expression of Interest for appointment of Architect for the Shire House, Shire House Suite and Shire Hall and Turret Clock Tower.
Bodmin Town Council are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Architect or Lead Consultant to act as Principal Designer and lead a project team to undertake these projects. The appointed Lead Consultant will be expected to liaise with the BTC team to assist in the development of the design brief, consider the requirements for the structures and their future use, developing the project through from inception to completion.
The Project work will include the works include refurbishment and upgrading the Shire House (grade II*Listed) and Suite to create a modern economic community asset maximising all of it space for the purpose of rental, community projects, meetings, functions and allow the building to operate as a focal point for the town.
The Shire Hall and Mount Folly (grade II* Listed) requires refurbishment and upgrading. The Building is the Councils main staff office. The offices require refurbishment to provide a 21st century Town Council administrative hub, council chamber and public meeting space enhancing potential usage for presentations, Exhibitions, consultations and displays maximising hire revenue potential.
Turret Clock Tower (grade II Listed) refurbishment to prevent water ingress.
• Assist with the development of a detail project brief and programme.
• Undertake and co-ordinate Surveys of the properties to produce condition surveys.
• Consider the existing Risk Assessments, Health and Safety reviews, and surveys.
• A review and upgrade of the M&E Systems.
• Programme to follow RIBA plan of work or similar project framework.
• Tender and contract Administration and site and construction management to completion
• Production of CDM compliant H&S files and Maintenance schedules
Appointment will be made following an interview process.
Interviews and Appointment
After shortlisting the appointment will be made following an interview on the basis of the following criteria :-
• Understanding/interpretation of the Brief.
• Previous relevant experience
• How their Practice would approach and manage the project and being clear on the individuals they would be involve.
• Timing, programme.
• Fee basis for the development of the project to completion.
• Demonstration and understanding of Brief and Client requirements
• Experience of working in a sensitive setting with Historic and vernacular buildings.
• Experience of similar projects and buildings including historic fabric and materials.
• Demonstration of adequate resourcing to deliver the required projects.
• Demonstration of ability to administer the contracts.
• Demonstration of ability to communicate and engage with Clients and public.
• Demonstrate ability to work with Multi-disciplinary teams.
• Fee Proposal
If required to arrange a site visit prior to submission, please contact Estates Manager.
- Expression of Interest for the appointment of Architect for the Shire House (003).pdf
- Bidding documents
- Expressions of interests requested from interested consultants
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Shire House,Mount Folly Square