Architects Registration Board General Legal Tender
In particular, legal services will be required in the following areas: Board governance, and attending Board meetings on request.
- Legal services – 79100000
Location of contract
Value of contract
30 October 2019
27 November 2019
Contract start date
02 March 2020
Contract end date
28 February 2023
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
ARB was established by Parliament in 1997 to regulate the architects’ profession in the UK. We are an independent, public interest body and our work in regulating architects ensures that good standards within the profession are consistently maintained for the benefit of the public and architects alike.
ARB requires provision of general legal advice in respect of all its statutory duties and legal obligations, except for the preparation of disciplinary cases to the Professional Conduct Committee and the prosecution of section 21 offences at the magistrates’ courts. These services are provided under separate contract of services and are outside of the scope of this tender.
In particular, legal services will be required in the following areas:
• Board governance, and attending Board meetings on request;
• Interpretation of legislation, and particularly the transposition and implementation of EU Directives;
• Tendering and contracts;
• Employment law;
• Responding to appeals against registration decisions and disciplinary sanctions imposed by the Professional Conduct Committee;
• Responding to judicial reviews of ARB decisions;
• Prescription of Qualifications;
• Complex data protection and GDPR issues;
• Regulatory best practice
• Be a solicitor or barrister;
• Have previously acted for a professional regulator.
The contract is estimated at a potential annual value of £130,000 and the successful applicant will be appointed for an initial 3 year period.
The closing date for completed applications is 27 November 2019.
About the buyer
8 WEYMOUTH STREET
Invitation to Tender
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.