Architectural Design Services Inverness
The development is required to achieve a shared facility that offers office accommodation, laboratory space, workshop areas and shared facilities such as café and shared meeting areas in a similar way that was achieved at the Centre for Health Science in Inverness, which was previously developed by HIE to provide shared accommodation for other public sector organisations.
United Kingdom-Dingwall: Architectural services for buildings
Section I: Contracting authority
Highlands and Islands Enterprise
Earl Thorfinn House, 6 Druimchat View
Contact point(s): HIE Procurement Team
IV15 9XL Dingwall
Telephone: +44 1349868977
General address of the contracting authority: www.hie.co.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00313
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Highlands & Islands.
NUTS code UKM6
The development is required to achieve a shared facility that offers office accommodation, laboratory space, workshop areas and shared facilities such as café and shared meeting areas in a similar way that was achieved at the Centre for Health Science in Inverness, which was previously developed by HIE to provide shared accommodation for other public sector organisations. The appointment will be made under the NEC3 Professional Services Contract (PSC) Option A directly with HIE, with final designs submitted for planning by March 2014.
Construction is expected to be awarded by June 2014 with the work estimated to be complete by Summer 2015. Note, HIE anticipates that this will be a “fast track” project in that deliverable dates are fixed.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=275586.
The awarding authority has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via a ‘Tender Submission Postbox’ facility. Further details of this facility are available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/PostBox/Postbox_Explain.aspx?ID=275586.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
Range: between 200 000 and 300 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
Membership of RIBA, RIAS or similar approved architectural body
Details are provided in the Pre Qualification Questionnaire.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Relevant information provided will be reviewed to ensure that solvency, availability of resources necessary to perform the contract and an acceptable degree of risk, appropriate to this project is demonstrated. This is the minimum standard of economic and financial standing which must be met. If an organisation does not demonstrate this minimum standard, it shall be marked as a “Fail”.
Minimum levels of insurance cover for Employers Liability (GPB 10m), Public Liability (GBP 10m), Professional Indemnity liability (GBP 5m). Collateral Warranties will be required from the designers
Full details are provided in the Pre Qualification Questionnaire.
(1) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(2) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
Details are provided in the Pre Qualification Questionnaire.
Reference to the relevant law, regulation or administrative provision: Membership of RIBA, RIAS or similar approved body.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Objective Criteria is based on capability and capacity to deliver the contract.
Section VI: Complementary information
Reference to project(s) and/or programme(s): This Contract is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). As a result, there are certain additional requirements that the supplier will need to comply with in relation to record keeping and publicity.
This free registration process also gives suppliers access to an on line “Question & Answer” facility which allows queries to be submitted (anonymously), and answers published and shared with all potential bidders.
PQQs must be submitted via the PCS postbox and be received by the date and time indicated with all questions answered. The highest scoring submissions will be invited to respond to the Invitation to Tender (ITT).
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:19.9.2013