Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Civic Centre, West Street
OL1 1UH Oldham
General address of the contracting authority: www.oldham.gov.uk
Electronic access to information: www.the-chest.nwce.org.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.the-chest.nwce.org.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Regional or local authority
General public services
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
Oldham Coliseum Theatre and Heritage Centre – Architecture Services
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
NUTS code UKD32
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Advisory architectural services. Architectural design services. Architectural services for buildings. Architectural services for outdoor areas. Architectural services for building extensions. The project encompasses the re-use and extension of an existing former library building and the construction of a new linked theatre for cultural uses, incorporating a theatre with a Heritage Centre and associated public realm works.
The project is a collaboration between the Oldham Coliseum Theatre (OCT) and the Arts & Heritage Services of Oldham Council. It will extend Oldham’s cultural quarter, bringing together the producing theatre, young people’s theatre, community arts development, art gallery, heritage collections, and local studies in a single linked complex combining a new build and a conversion of a much loved but currently empty Victorian library, linked via a bridge with Gallery Oldham and public space in the Library Gardens.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
71210000, 71220000, 71221000, 71222000, 71223000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): no
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
The Project Objectives are to:
(1) Enable delivery of The Coliseum Theatres productions and Heritage and Art services within.
(2) Establish a suitable and robust governance structure residing over the building, performances and service delivery therein.
(3) The new governance structure to be responsible for all day to day building management and maintenance including utility servicing, lifecycle costs and sinking funds provision of the redeveloped and extended Grade II listed former Library and Arts Gallery on Union Street,
(4) Achieve 140,000 audience visits to the Coliseum Theatre of which 40,000 from outside the local area. an increase of 15,000
(5) Increased public access by 20% on 2012 figures to the local studies, archives, museum, arts and heritage learning.
(6) Not increasing the Councils contribution beyond f/y 12/13 out turns costs for the Heritage Services and The Coliseum Theatre’s grants and securing a long term economically viable future of the Former Library building through its redevelopment.
(7) It is noted that the Council may want to introduce a targeted % reduction to its future revenue contribution, should this occur a variation will be issued accordingly to the project.
(8) Continue to enjoy the ability to secure annual grant funding support from all the existing funders such as AGMA, ACE, Life Cycle Grants. It is noted that funding levels are likely to be subject to review by each individual funder in progressive years but the ability to apply and secure funds is not to be impeded by the project in any way.
(9) Maintain environmental conditions for the storage and display of archives, arts and heritage material as prescribed in BS5454 within the new facility and from one storage facility only
(10) Enhanced the care and public access to Oldham’s heritage collections, overcome the barriers to use, engaged the community with culture, supported social cohesion and promoted civic pride in Oldham’s residents.
(11) Rationalised the Council’s assets releasing vacated property for redevelopment and improved income generation.
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
This contract is subject to renewal: no
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Duration in months: 60 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: A minimum of the FIVE highest scoring PQQ submissions which also meet the PQQ selection criteria will be accepted to the next stage where they will be issued an ITT document which will be scored against award criteria.
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: no
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
Payable documents: no
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
24.6.2013 – 12:00
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
This is a recurrent procurement: no
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
The contract is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: no
The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement, and the contract will be awarded on the basis of the most economically advantageous tender.
To view this notice, please click here:
GO Reference: GO-2013523-PRO-4826144
VI.4)Procedures for appeal
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: