Asbestos Professional Services and Remedial Works – Exeter
Completion of all management surveys within 3 months of Contract commencement.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Authority
- Asbestos-removal work – 45262660
- Asbestos removal services – 90650000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£0 to £100,000
24 July 2020
4 September 2020
Contract start date
26 October 2020
Contract end date
25 October 2025
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Authority (the Authority) manages over 124 properties with an average age of around 45 years old. The current site list is provided in Appendix 3. This list may be subject to change over the Contract duration; sites may be decommissioned and new sites added.
The Authority has a duty to manage asbestos within the properties they own, manage and lease as well as a duty as an employer to minimise the risk of exposure to asbestos containing materials (ACMs) by its employees.
The objective of this process is to assist the Authority in meeting its statutory obligations with regard to asbestos and to ensure the highest health and safety standards; public health and environmental standards and considerations are met through the service delivery.
The Successful Consultant or Contractor shall deliver the content of this requirement and provide a comprehensive set of services to the Authority to assist in the management of their asbestos containing materials (ACMs).
• Providing the Authority with all updates and management within a reasonable timeframe.
• Completion of all management surveys within 3 months of Contract commencement
• Completion of re-inspection surveys for all Authority sites built prior to the year 2000 (within one year of the Contract commencement date).
• Provide a survey service to complete all refurbishment and demolition surveys for the Authority’s planned works programme.
• Provide a reactive survey service for the Authority’s responsive repairs and emergency situations.
• Provide air monitoring services where applicable.
• Project management and asbestos removal specification writing where applicable.
• Assisting in the delivery of the Authority’s training requirements in relation to asbestos.
The Authority are seeking to implement a Contract for the delivery of Asbestos Professional Services and Asbestos Remedial Works from which they will be able to call-off requirements for the for the Authority as they arise
About the buyer
Service Headquarters, The Knowle, Clyst St George
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.