Asbestos Removal and Disposal Service Contract
Removal and Disposal Service of Asbestos on a “call-off” basis as required by the Council for a mixture of emergency, responsive and planned works covering all Council property stock and other properties the Council has an obligation to maintain.
United Kingdom-Kilmarnock: Asbestos removal services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
East Ayrshire Council
Corporate Procurement Team, London Road HQ
Contact point(s): Legal, Procurement & Regulatory Services
For the attention of: Heather Murray
KA3 7BU Kilmarnock
Telephone: +44 1563576125
Fax: +44 1563576067
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00223
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 27: Other services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: East Ayrshire.
NUTS code UKM33
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The Council has 2 separate contracts relating to Asbestos, one for Asbestos Removal (ie this tender exercise and one for Asbestos Surveying, Sampling, Analysis & Monitoring. It is the Council’s view that there would be a conflict of interest for the same organisation (Contractor) to provide the service for both contracts, therefore the incumbent Contractor (or any organisation within their group)currently providing the Asbestos Sampling, Analysis & Monitoring service cannot be awarded this Contract. The same will apply to the Contractor (or any organisation within their group) who is successful in this tender exercise that they cannot be awarded the Contract for Asbestos Sampling, Analysis and Monitoring when tendered in the future.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=301097.
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
The contract term is 3 years with two 1-year extension options at the sole discretion of the Council.
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: Two one-year extension options.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(6) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided
(7) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(8) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(9) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(10) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
Refer to tender documents
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
Reference to the relevant law, regulation or administrative provision: Licensed Asbestos Removal Contractor.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 3, 4 or 5 years dependent on extension options.
All queries during the tender period should be submitted using the Public Contracts Scotland Question & Answer facility. Tenderers should allow sufficient time to upload their completed tender document to allow for any technical difficulties – if there is a problem tenderers should contact the Public Contracts Scotland Helpdesk immediately, and in any event before the 12:00 deadline.
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
Refer to VI.4.2)
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:25.4.2014