B Type Battle Bus – Restoration of B1056
It is the intention of the London Transport Museum to contract for the restoration of their B1056, to a condition which is acceptable for passenger operation in First World War commemorative and local community events.
UK-London: Repair and maintenance services of rolling stock
Section I: Contracting authority
London Transport Museum
39 Wellington Street, Covent Garden
Contact point(s): Support Services
For the attention of: Terry Eccles
WC2E 7BB London
Telephone: +44 2075657420
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0141
Further information can be obtained from: London Transport Museum
39 Wellington Street, Covent Garden
Contact point(s): Curatorial
For the attention of: Tim Shileds
WC2E 7BB London
Telephone: +44 2073796344
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: London Transport Museum – Acton Town.
NUTS code UKI11
The restoration must be completed before the 100 th anniversary of the start of the First World War, by Aug 2014.
In compiling the specification of work to be done, the museum has made its best effort to make it both comprehensive and accurate. Differences may be found during site inspections, or revealed during the restoration process itself. Works will include:
Chassis inspection and Repair
Springs and suspension
Wheels and tyres
Clutch and transmission
Main Body to include the Upper Deck
Interior to include:
Windows, boards, Fittings, flooring, Livery
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site at http://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=94659
As part of the tender the contractor must submit a project plan including process standards covering all the work to be done, and when approved by the museum and LUL, these will form part of the contract.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(5) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(6) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(7) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(8) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(9) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(10) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(11) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
As part of the full tender document submission, a complete end to end program and project plan MUST be submitted to evaluate fully the overall compentantcy of the company with the ability to evaluate against others using a basic Gantt chart PDF format.
Section IV: Procedure
Justification for the choice of accelerated procedure: The restoration of a heritage vehicle (petrol engine historical motor bus) of over 100 years old takes specific specialist skills and knowledge, and there are only a very limited amount of companies that could carry out the complete works, or part of the works but with an overview of the full requirements, and undertake a project on of this nature.
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Industry knowledge, previous tenders similar, specialist skill sets, heratage knowledge, heratage working environments.
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Technical Retoration Competencies. Weighting 25
2. Quality of Resources. Weighting 25
3. Performance. Weighting 20
4. Service Approach and Methodologies. Weighting 15
5. Price. Weighting 15
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:23.1.2013