Bespoke Care Package – Peterborough
The bespoke care package needs to be completely person-centred.
Bespoke Care Package for a Young Person in Peterborough
NHS Shared Business Services
- Health services – 85100000
Location of contract
East of England
C+P CCG_Bespoke Care Package for YP (Peterborough)_April2021
1 April 2021
14 April 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Expressions of interest are invited to provide a long-term care package for a young male (currently 13) with moderate learning disability, autism-spectrum disorder (ASD), attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and behaviour that challenges (the client).
The care setting will be the client’s new purpose designed home (an adapted private residential dwelling) within Peterborough, which will accommodate the client and his team of carers.
The service will exclude management of the accommodation and the provision of education which is being commissioned separately.
Providers will need to be appropriately registered and experienced – to become responsible for recruiting, training and supervising a care team to deliver a bespoke high-quality package of care that will enable the young person to be, and feel safe, secure, looked after and over time supported to grow and develop into his adulthood.
A competitive procurement process is assumed which will take place from May 2021 to establish a contract by end of July 2021.
The contract will be for 5 years, with potential to be extended to 10 years in total. Annual contract value may be £0.8m to £0.9m, with potential of £9m over 10 years.
Outline of requirements to include provision of:
– a substantive, trained team of care givers (avoiding agency);
– Registered Manager for the client’s home (complying with Ofsted requirements)
– Qualified team leader at all times, to supervise the care team
– A minimum of 1 staff member at all times qualified to drive the client to community settings
– Care continuity outside of the client’s home – care team to accompany the client (holidays, recreation, hospital)
– Maintenance of a safe / hygienic home environment (incl. routine domestic cleaning). NB. Site maintenance, repairs, deep cleaning will be the responsibility of the housing association.
– Service to prepare meals, snacks & beverages to ensure optimisation of client nutritional status (with compliance with food hygiene regulations)
– Support to the client with decision making including financial budgeting, spending, auditable & transparent record keeping.
– Effective engagement and joint working with multi-disciplinary agencies each having input to the health and social care of the client, including health services, therapies, and education.
The provider will be expected to plan and deliver the care solution in a collaborative, co-production manner with critical inputs from the client, family and those working for or on behalf of the CCG.
Recognising that the bespoke care package needs to be completely person-centred, the CCG is currently engaging with those with a current working and personal knowledge of the client, to inform a Person Specification for adoption and further development by the appointed provider for use when recruiting the staff of care givers.
- ME Questionnaire_Bespoke Care Package for Young Person in Peterborough_1April2021.docx
- Bidding documents
- Market Engagement Questionnaire
- Outline Requirements_Bespoke Care Package for Young Person (Peterborough)_1April2021.docx
- Technical specifications
- Draft Outline Specification of Requirements
- Additional text
- The current commissioning timetable involves an immediate (during April 2021) market engagement to identify and prepare providers to participate through a procurement process. This engagement will assist to finalise the CCG’s commissioning approach, including the specification, commercial model including contract, and service implementation timelines.
A competitive procurement is likely to take place from May 2021, to enable a contract in place by the end of July 2021.
The appointed provider’s recruitment of the staff of care givers will lead into a transition phase involving the new team becoming acquainted with the client within his current residential setting in Hampshire during November/December 2021 with the goal to move the client into his new home in the Peterborough area in January 2022.
***TO EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST in this opportunity, you are invited to complete and return a brief Market Engagement Questionnaire (MEQ) by 12 noon, Wednesday 14th April 2021***
Please respond by email to email@example.com with the email subject heading “Market engagement Response – Bespoke Care Package in Peterborough”
Later submissions will be accepted but are likely to miss out on early sharing by the CCG of new developing information about this future contract opportunity.
Providers assessed by the CCG as having a relevant and appropriate interest, will be provided with further details of the client, including a current ‘pen picture’ and the specification for his new residential home environment.
The CCG may make direct contact with any providers expressing an interest to determine the subsequent level of interest and to validate the commissioning assumptions of the CCG ahead of a procurement process. This will include sharing of latest / finalised service specification and commercial model.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
NHS Shared Business Services