Blood Culture Managed Service Contract Public Health Wales NHS Trust
Public Health Wales has a network of microbiology laboratories across Wales which provide diagnostic microbiology services to Health Boards as well as surveillance activities for the protection of Public Health. Laboratories within the Public Health Wales network include:
United Kingdom-Cardiff: Blood analysis services
Section I: Contracting authority
NHS Wales Procurement Services
Velindre Trust HQ, 2 Charnwood Court, Heol Billingsley, NantgarwCardiff
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Diane Bird
CF15 7QZ Cardiff
Telephone: +44 2920316931
Fax: +44 1443843259
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0221
Electronic access to information: www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: NHS Wales Procurement Services
Velindre Trust HQ, 2 Charnwood, Court Heol Billingsley, Parc Nantgarw,
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Diane Bird
CF15 7QZ Cardiff
Telephone: +44 2920315500
Fax: +44 2920315450
Internet address: http://www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
Aneurin Bevan Health Board;
Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board;
Cardiff & Vale University Health Board;
Hywel Dda Health Board;
Cwm Taf Health Board;
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board; and
Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust;
Velindre NHS Trust
Public Health Wales
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 25: Health and social services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Wales.
NUTS code UK
In Abertawe Bro Morgannwg UHB; ABM (Swansea and Bridgend sites), In Betsi Cadwaladr HB; BCHB (Bangor and Rhyl, and Wrexham sites) In Cardiff and Vale UHB; Cardiff and Llandough sites In Hywel Dda HB, Carmarthen and Aberystwyth, with discussions underway to incorporate Withybush. There is a strategic vision that all Microbiology laboratories in Wales should be managed by Public Health Wales. With this in mind it is important that any agreement can be extended to include those sites that are currently not managed by Public Health Wales.
All microbiology laboratories in Wales currently process blood culture samples and details of numbers by site are provided separately. It must be noted that Microbiology service provision in Wales is becoming regionalised and that service configuration will change as the models of regional service delivery are developed further. North Wales is further ahead in centralising the majority of Microbiology services on a single site at Glan Clwyd (Rhyl).
Public Health Wales are keen to maximise the benefits of a managed service contract to provide high quality blood culture services that reduces risk (both financial and in specimen processing) and maximises efficiency.
NOTE: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required.
To access eTenderwales, express your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visit https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.shtml and search for PQQ/ITT code PQQ: pqq_31364 within the appropriate area.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: As set out in the ITT documents.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
As set out in the PQQ.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
2. If and when this requirement is offered for tender, this may be done in whole or in part via electronic means using the internet.
3. The contracting authority is not bound to award a contract in whole or part.
4. The contracting authority will not bear the tender costs of any of the tenderers.
5. In reference to I.1.9 (Variants) to the extent permitted, if at all, in the tender documents.
6. This notice is being placed by NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership – Procurement Services. For the purpose of this procurement, the awarding authority will be Public Health Wales NHS Trust.
7. This advertisement is placed by NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership – Procurement Services on behalf of participating LHB’s/Trusts in Wales for the totality of those LHB/Trust specific contractual arrangements.
The Contracting Authority will not accept completed PQQ’s after the stated closing date.
This Procurement exercise is being carried out via Bravo e-tendering portal and you are required to register your company’s details so that you will have visibility of all open access opportunities, including this particular exercise.
The process of registering on the website is free and simple and is explained fully below:-
Pre Qualification Questionnaire for the Blood Culture Managed Service Contract Public Health Wales NHS Trust ref : PQQ: pqq_31364 .Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender:
1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once) – Browse to the eSourcing Portal: https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk and click the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’ – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete – You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure).
2. Express an Interest in the PQQ – Login to the portal with the username/password – Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) – Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content. – Click the “Express Interest” button in the ‘Actions’ box on the left-hand side of the page. – This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) -You can now access any attachments by clicking the ‘Settings and Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘Actions’ box.
3. Responding to the PQQ – You can now choose to ‘Reply’ or ‘Reject’ (please give a reason if rejecting) – You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification – Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT – There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available) You must then publish your reply using the publish button in the “Actions” box on the left-hand side of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
Closing date and time for receipt of pre qualification questionnaires is 12:00 27.5.2014.
Precise information on deadline(s) for lodging appeals: The Authority will allow a minimum 10 day calendar day standstill period between notifying the award decision and awarding the contract. Unsuccessful bidders and applicants are entitled to receive reasons for the decision, including the characteristics and relative advantages of the winning bid and the reasons why the bidder/applicant was unsuccessful. Should additional information be required it should be requested of the addressee in section I.1. Aggrieved parties who have been harmed or are at risk of harm by breach of the procurement rules, have the right to take action in the High Court (England and Wales). Any such action is subject to strict time limits and must be brought promptly. For more information on how to appeal, and the relevant time limits, please see the following statement on the Authority’s website: www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk/service/terms