Board Effectiveness Review – Early Engagement Notice
We expect the effectiveness review will focus on (but may not be limited to) the following areas: board composition and skills. clarity of roles.
UKEF Independent Board Effectiveness Review
Department for International Trade
- Business analysis consultancy services – 72221000
- Business services: law, marketing, consulting, recruitment, printing and security – 79000000
- Performance review services – 79313000
Location of contract
30 April 2021
14 May 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
None of the provisions of this Early Engagement Notice (EEN) shall be deemed or construed to constitute or imply any commitment or obligation on either party to purchase these services or award a contract.
Department for International Trade (DIT), on behalf of UK Export Finance (UKEF) as Contracting Authority, intends to seek the provision of services of an external board effectiveness review in accordance with corporate governance in central government departments Code of Good Practice.
We expect the effectiveness review will focus on (but may not be limited to) the following areas:
– board composition and skills.
– clarity of roles (with respect to both board and relationship with UKEF executive), purpose and shared vision.
– the allocation of roles and responsibilities.
– board culture and dynamics, including challenge.
– prioritisation of board topics and agenda items.
– adequacy of support to the board; and
– stakeholder engagement with the Board including DIT/UKGI/UKEF relationships.
Requirements of the procurement will include the following:
– A review of a sample of board and committee papers to assess quality and whether appropriate weighting and priority is allotted.
– A review of outcomes from previous Board Effectiveness Reviews (including those conducted internally).
– Attendance of at least one board meeting, one board audit committee meeting and on-board risk committee meeting as an observer.
– Interviews with all board members (including non-executive directors), and an individual from each of UK Government Investments (UKGI), HM Treasury (HMT) and the Department for International Trade (DIT), (as well as other stakeholders as deemed relevant by the reviewer and the Chair), informed by an initial questionnaire which is to be agreed with the Chair and UKGI.
– A written report on findings and recommendations no later than 6 weeks from the board meeting and committee meetings the successful Contractor attends.
– An initial draft of the report must be completed no later than 4 weeks from the board meeting and committee meetings the successfully Contractor attends. Regular oral updates will be required to keep the Chair advised as to progress in meeting this and other timescales.
– The successful Contractor will be required to present the draft report findings at a subsequent board meeting following which the report will be finalised. UKEF will share the report with UKGI and will retain the right to share the report with other key stakeholders.
To support the board in developing and implementing clear actions to address identified improvement areas they prioritise.
Key specialisms are likely to include interviewing and assessing very senior staff. Either from doing similar reports/evaluations in the past or through experience on similar level of Boards.
- Tender Notice
- Department for International Trade (DIT) Website Address
- Tender Notice
- UK Export Finance (UKEF) Website Address
- Additional text
- Please express your interest in participating in market engagement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14th May 2021. You must clearly state:
– the name of your organisation.
– contact details, including email addresses and telephone numbers
– your availability w/c 17th May for 30 minute callsDIT, UKEF and UKGI intend to hold joint market engagement week commencing 17th May with suppliers who express an interest in potentially bidding for this opportunity.
Calls are likely to last no longer than 30 minutes.
Further details to be provided once interest has been registered
Estimated total value excluding VAT: £30,000
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
UK Export Finance (UKEF)
Old Admiralty Building, Westminster