Bonfire Night Firework Display Operator 2013 (Request for Quote)
Halton Borough Council is inviting suitably qualified organisations to submit quotations to operate the boroughs annual firework display.
- Halton Borough Council
- Bonfire Night Firework Display Operator 2013
- Halton Borough Council is inviting suitably qualified organisations to submit quotations to operate the boroughs annual firework display.
Halton Firework Display will take place on the 5 November 2013. The firework launch site is from the Manchester Ship Canal Gantry wall and the primary viewing areas are West Bank, Widnes and Mersey Road, Runcorn. Expected crowds of upwards of 50,000 people view the show.
The 15 minute display is to be accompanied to themed music agreed in advance with Halton Borough Council. The show must be of high impact using the maximum aerial detonation limit.
Tuesday 5th November 2013
Map references: &nb sp;
Firing site: ; & nbsp; 512833
Aerial Detonation site: ; 512835
Max aerial detonation: ; 1500ft
Start Time: ; & nbsp; 1930Hrs
Finish Time: ; 1945Hrs
The council will require a specialist contractor as the display is not a standard land based event. The fireworks will be set up and fired from the gantry wall which separates the river Mersey from the Manchester Ship Canal. To access this area requires formal permissions from the Manchester Ship Canal Company (MSCC) and Health and Safety training is a mandatory requirement by MSCC for all contractors who use their boats to access the gantry wall. The contractor must work with CAA/Air traffic control, coastguard, inland waterways, rail authority, fire and rescue, local authority and Barrier Company to operate the show. Once the contract is agreed the operator must comply with all the MSCC safety parameters and provide competency certificates, failure to comply will result in cancellation of the contract.
Halton Borough Council will have a budget in the region of £14,000.
The work will be for 2013 but the Council may choose to extend this every year to 5th November 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
GUIDANCE NOTES FOR PROSPECTIVE BIDDERS
- Please note that whenever used in this questionnaire, the terms:
· Organisation refers to a sole practitioner, partnership, incorporated company, co-operative, consortium, charity or analogous entities operating outside the UK as appropriate.
· Consortiums must respond to the questions providing details of all consortium members and not just the lead organisation.
· “officer” refers to any main Directors of a Company, Partners of a Partnership, Trustees of a Charity, company secretary, partner, associate, trustee or other person occupying a position of authority or responsibility within the firm and who has authority to sign on behalf of the organisation for this contract.
- Firms not currently operating in the UK should, when answering each of the following questions, substitute where relevant the appropriate legislation/Codes of Practice, equivalent accreditations, appropriate professional, Registrar of Companies, commercial or other registrar applicable within their domestic jurisdiction.
- Unless instructed otherwise when answering the questions, please give details, which specifically relate to your Organisation, not to the whole of the group if your firm forms part of a group.
- Please do not include general marketing or promotional material for your organisation either as answers to any of the following questions, as it will be considered as unanswered and you may be disqualified from consideration, or for any other reason.
- The copyright, in this questionnaire, is owned by, Halton Borough Council. Please do not scan this document in or take copies of it except so far as is necessary to keep a record of your completed questionnaire. If you tamper with this questionnaire in any way or attempt to change its wording you will be disqualified from consideration.
- The document contains Gateway Questions, which are shaded in Blue, this indicates that these questions are essential criteria and are Pass/Fail – bidders failing any of these criteria will not have their offer considered further.
- Please answer every question. If the question does not apply to you please write N/A and if you do not know the answer please write N/K if you fail to complete this questionnaire in full you may be disqualified from consideration.
- Please ensure answers are clearly indicated with a tick. Failure to do so may result in your document being disqualified from consideration.
- You MUST inform the Council of any changes to the information supplied or of any additional information between the date when you complete the questionnaire and the date when the contract starts.
- In order to simplify this process a limited number of statements or documents have been requested. Please mark clearly on enclosures the name of your organisation and the number of the question to which it relates.
- Amendments must not be made to the contract documents by the bidder. Quotations containing unauthorised amendments or qualifications will be rejected.
- Satisfactory insurance cover in accordance with Council requirements must be in place at the commencement of the contract, the Council reserves the right to review those levels throughout the lifetime of the contracts.
- All Quotations must be fully inclusive of all costs to be incurred by the contractor/supplier in the performance of the contract. It is their responsibility to ensure that they are fully familiar with the requirements of the contract and the associated works prior to pricing
- Halton Borough Council may abandon the Advanced Request for Quotation (ARFQ) at any time, is not bound to accept any quotation and will not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for the costs suppliers incur in preparing the quotation.
- All questions relating to this quotation must be submitted via The Chest’s Question and Answer facility. Please refer to previously asked questions before asking a question as duplicate questions will not be answered.Both questions and answers will either be made public on The Chest or
responded to directly to the originator depending on the content.
- Halton Borough Council will provide all bidders with their final ranked position only after the evaluation process is complete upon request via The Chests Question and Answer facility.
- Decisions are usually made 2 weeks following the closing date of the ARFQ.
- Acceptance of offers
You should note that: –
a. The Council reserves the right not to accept the lowest, or any, quotation
b. The Council reserves the right to accept the whole or defined lots of the quotation without accepting the remainder.
c. Acceptance of a quotation/award of contract will be by written communication from the Council.
19. The Council reserves the right the purchase goods/services outside of this contract
from other providers/suppliers.
20. This Contract is not an exclusive provider/supplier contract
21. Access to information
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Council may be required to
disclose either information about your bid or the quotation itself, including your price or range of prices once a contract is awarded and information that you may regard as commercially sensitive. Requests for non-disclosure must accompany your tender and include clear and substantive justification together with a time limit when any confidential information could be disclosed.
22. Transparency of spend
If you are awarded this contract, any individual payments made to you over £500 will be published in our transparency data on the Councils web page
- The Councils standard terms and conditions relating to orders and payment are available on the chest and acceptance of them is a requirement for trading with the Council. Additionally there may be further terms and conditions relating to the purchase of individual goods and services contained in the draft Contract enclosed as part of the RFQ. Suppliers are advised to fully consider these before submitting a quotation.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the completed submission is uploaded successfully on The Chest by the deadline specified below:
Deadline for submission is: Wednesday 12th June 2013 at 2:00pm
Deadline for Questions: Monday 10th June 2013 at 2:00pm
Bidders must ensure that all documentation is received on time. Please bear in mind fluctuations in connectivity or the uploading of larger documents can mean that the process takes longer than anticipated. Any questionnaires submitted or submitted incomplete by the stated deadline time and date will be discarded. It is the responsibility of the bidder to meet the deadline.
- Mr Matthew Moxon
- Email Address:
- Kingsway House
- 30/05/2013 14:00
- 12/06/2013 14:00
- 12 (months)
- 12 (months)