Brighton and Hove City Council Highways Services Contract Bidders Briefing Meeting
Brighton and Hove City Council is a unitary authority responsible for all local government functions within the City and is procuring its next generation of its Highways Services Contracts.
BHCC JB Highways Services Contract Bidders briefing meeting
BHCC City Transport
- Construction work for highways, roads – 45233100
- Road construction works – 45233120
- Main road construction works – 45233121
Location of contract
Value of contract
BHCC – 033658
4 November 2021
8 November 2021
Contract start date
1 May 2022
Contract end date
31 March 2026
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Brighton and Hove City Council (BHCC) is a unitary authority responsible for all local government functions within the City and is procuring its next generation of its Highways Services Contracts. The principal features of the BHCC’s highway network are:
– 60 km of A Class Roads, 23 km of B Class Road, 46 km of C Class Roads and 496 km of Unclassified Local Roads, a total of 624 km.
– 975 km of Footways
– 25,903 lighting units (including subway lights, lit bollards, floodlights and illuminated signs) of which 19,000 lighting columns
– 980 Highway Structures with a variety of maintenance obligations.
– 375 sea-front structures, bridges, subways, retaining walls
– Traffic management systems including cameras, lights, crossings
– Street furniture including safety barriers, pedestrian barriers, bollards
– Signage and lining
– Over 400 Grit bins
– Grass verges
BHCC has ongoing contracts in place for street lighting and traffic signals, which are not the subject of this procurement. BHCC is also procuring it’s next generation Asset Management Systems separately and all suppliers will be expected to use these systems in their delivery of the Services under this procurement. The proposed new Highways Services Contract comprises three Lots, with an overarching NEC4 Framework Contract. The three Lots proposed under the Framework are:
1. Medium Value Works and Improvements (Lot 1) – Such schemes by their nature are varied in type, volume, and timing. BHCC are seeking 3 suppliers with the ability to direct award contracts worth under 125,000 and award through mini competition for contracts valued in excess of that sum. 2. Highways Safety Maintenance, Operations and Small Works (Lot 2) – Day-to-day Highway Safety Maintenance and Operations to ensure BHCC comply with its statutory duty to maintain the highway and repair defects within short turn-around times. In addition to assist in balancing monthly workload this lot will include small value pavement improvement schemes under 125,000. 3. Lining Works for Parking Enforcement (Lot 3) – Parking revenue is extremely significant for BHCC and well maintained and statutorily compliant road lining is crucial in supporting BHCC’s parking enforcement activities and sustaining the parking income stream. A single supplier is needed to support maintenance of lawful use of Brighton and Hove’s highway infrastructure and support this revenue stream.
- Additional information on how to apply for this contract
- Additional text
- Is a Recurrent Procurement Type? : Yes
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.