Building Construction Work for West Lothian Council
The requirements of the contract comprise the removal of a number of outbuildings, the strip out of existing services and overhead crane, the demolition of some internal block walls, the removal of a number of columns with new strengthening steel inserted, floor strengthening works, some cladding removal and the fixing of new cladding.
United Kingdom-Livingston: Building construction work
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
West Lothian Council
West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road
Contact point(s): Corporate Procurement Unit
For the attention of: Catriona Peden
EH54 6FF Livingston
Telephone: +44 1506280000
Fax: +44 1506281325
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.westlothian.com/councilcontracts
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00140
Electronic access to information: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Bathgate.
NUTS code UKM28
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
NOTE: The authority is using PCS-Tender to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required
To access PCS-Tender, record your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visithttps://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk and search for project Code 2518 within the appropriate area.
If you have already registered on Public Contracts Scotland and PCS-Tender and paired your accounts you can access PCS-Tender through your Public Contracts Scotland Control Panel.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
In the event that the tenderer is not required to publish accounts and therefore does not have a Dun & Bradstreet or equivalent rating, tenderers should attach financial accounts as requested in question [EFS Accounts 1]. The council will then conduct an analysis of the accounts to ensure that there is no significant financial risk.
It is recommended that candidates review their own Dun & Bradstreet Score in advance of submitting their tender. If following this review tenderers consider that the Dun & Bradstreet Score does not reflect their current financial status, details of this should be attached at Question [EFS Additional] of the Qualification Envelope within the Tender Submission, complete with evidence of a good high street credit rating (the equivalent of Dun & Bradstreet score 35) from a recognised credit referencing agency. The council will review any such information as part of the evaluation of Tenderer’s financial status.
In the event that a firm does not meet the financial criteria for consideration but has a parent company that does, the firm may still be eligible for consideration where their Tender Submission is supported by a Parent Company Guarantee.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: As stated in PQQ information
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2014/S 73-124990 of 12.4.2014
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 12.8.2014 – 12:00
West Lothian Council Civic Centre
Section VI: Complementary information
The Contractor shall ensure that all contracts with Subcontractors and Suppliers which the Contractor intends to procure following the Commencement Date, and which the Contractor has not, before the date of this Contract, already planned to award to a particular Subcontractor or Supplier, are advertised through the Public Contracts Scotland procurement portal (www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk) and awarded following a fair, open, transparent and competitive process proportionate to the nature and value of the contract.
Under the terms of this contract the successful supplier(s) will be required to deliver Community Benefits in support of the authority’s economic and social objectives. Accordingly, contract performance conditions may relate in particular to social and environmental considerations. The Community Benefits included in this contract are:
CITB National Skills Academy standards are detailed for this project in the PQQ.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: