Building Project Team Edinburgh
The University is seeking to appoint a Project Manager/Cost Consultant-led Project Team including Project Manager/Cost Consultant, Architect, Structural Consultant, M&E Consultant, Landscape Architect, BREEAM Consultant and CDM-C to progress the CEMT proposal from Stage C to completion of Stage L.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Architectural, construction, engineering and inspection services
Section I: Contracting authority
Heriot-Watt University Group
Contact point(s): Procurement Services
For the attention of: Tony Newjem, Chief Procurement Officer
EH14 4AS Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1314513702
Fax: +44 1314513119
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.he-purchasing.hw.ac.uk/
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00307
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Riccarton, Edinburgh, postcode EH14 4AS.
NUTS code UKM25
Heriot-Watt University, in a joint-venture with the British Geological Survey (BGS), is developing the Centre for Earth and Marine Technology (CEMT) at Heriot-Watt’s Edinburgh Campus. This project includes the relocation of the BGS’ Headquarters from its current location within the University of Edinburgh. The project will provide new purpose-built accommodation of approximately 5 795 m2 for over 200 BGS and Heriot-Watt personnel, comprising both dedicated and shared space and facilities. The University is seeking to appoint a Project Manager/Cost Consultant-led Project Team including Project Manager/Cost Consultant, Architect, Structural Consultant, M&E Consultant, Landscape Architect, BREEAM Consultant and CDM-C to progress the CEMT proposal from Stage C to completion of Stage L.
Note: to register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=275315
The awarding authority has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via a ‘Tender Submission Postbox’ facility. Further details of this facility are available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/PostBox/Postbox_Explain.aspx?ID=275315
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: At Stage D+ (i.e. including full NBS) the University intends retaining the Project Manager/Cost-consultant as Employer’s Agent, along with the CDM-Co-ordinator and Breeam Consultant. The balance of the Design Team will be novated to the successful contractor to be appointed on a D&B contract under seperate tender.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001;
(3) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
Reference to the relevant law, regulation or administrative provision: Candidates must be registered with the appropriate regulatory body to practice their particular discipline, e.g. for architects in United Kingdom it would be the Architects Registration Board.
Section IV: Procedure
Procurement Services, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh.
Section VI: Complementary information
(SC Ref: 275315).
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:19.8.2013