Business Development Consultancy – Invitation to Tender
4 Lots. Lot 1 – Business development advice.
Business Development Consultancy Framework
The Westminster Foundation for Democracy Limited
- Research and experimental development services – 73100000
- Research and development consultancy services – 73200000
- Design and execution of research and development – 73300000
Location of contract
United Kingdom, British Oversea Territories, Europe, Rest of the World
Value of contract
30 November 2021
31 December 2021
Contract start date
31 January 2022
Contract end date
31 January 2024
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
WFD intends to procure a multi-provider framework agreement to provide consultancy services to support WFD’s capacity for effective business development advice, managing proposal/bid processes, writing concept notes, proposals, or bid documentation, and providing financial support.
Successful bidders will be invited to join a WFD Business Development Panel consisting of one or more consultants for a period of two years.
Each Business Development Consultant will be subject to a framework agreement, which will establish the common core terms and conditions governing any order contracts to be awarded over a two-year period, together with agreed pricing, services, and specification. A framework agreement does not guarantee the award of any business to a Panel member, but it does establish a preferred and available pool of Business Development Consultants for WFD to contract with, if and when WFD decides that it wishes to purchase services that are within the scope of the Panel and framework agreement. Order contracts may take place as and when required within the duration of the framework and may be issued to a Business Development Consultants on a single source basis or following a mini competition among Panel members, as appropriate.
The envisaged services to be purchased from Business Development Consultants who are selected to form part of the Business Development Panel include:
Lot 1 – Business development advice
Provision of strategic and objective advice, from time to time, relating to:
• Preparation of global and/or regional business development strategies;
• Donor mapping, market analysis, and identification of emerging donor trends across target priority donors;
• Identification and tracking of relevant funding opportunities, including potential options for developing consortia;
• Risk and compliance relating to new donors and their requirements;
• Contribute to ongoing organisational learning opportunities for WFD staff.
Lot 2 – Managing proposal/bid processes
Provision of ad hoc project management and project design assistance, from time to time, to:
• manage bid teams and support the development and delivery of high-quality proposals and bids;
• facilitate/co-facilitate design workshops.
Lot 3 – Preparing documentation for new opportunities
Provision of support, from time to time, to:
• Prepare high-quality proposals and bid documents to often tight deadlines in collaboration with WFD staff and technical experts
• Review and provide quality assurance of draft concept notes, proposals, and bids.
Lot 4 – Financial support for new opportunities
Provision of strategic and operational financial advice, analysis, or assistance from time to time relating to:
• Direct and indirect cost recovery methodologies
• Staff recharging methodologies
• Preparation of budgets for new opportunities
Bids should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the ITT document for further detailed information on how to apply.
- WFD_Procurement_Invitation to Tender_BD Framework.pdf
- Tender notice
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.