Business Engagement Support York
A business consultant/consultancy with experience in the Biorenewables sector to provide ad hoc Business Engagement Support on a call off (zero contracted hours) basis.
United Kingdom-York: Services furnished by business, professional and specialist organisations
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
The Biorenewables Development Centre Ltd
Biocentre, York Science Park, Heslington
For the attention of: Procurement Officer
YO10 5NY York
Telephone: +44 1904435364
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.biorenewables.org
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA26247
Electronic access to information: www.mytenders.org
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.mytenders.org
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Body governed by public law
Other: Research & Development in Biorenewables
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
Business Engagement Support.
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 11: Management consulting services  and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: York.
NUTS code UKE21
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
A business consultant/consultancy with experience in the Biorenewables sector to provide ad hoc Business Engagement Support on a call off (zero contracted hours) basis covering a range of topics including: project management, contracts management, stakeholder engagement, funding applications, commercial proposals and strategic planning.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site at http://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=111399
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available at http://www.myTenders.org/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): yes
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.1.9)Information about variants
Variants will be accepted: no
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 300 000 and 500 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: Option to extend contract for 1 year.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
This contract is subject to renewal: no
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Duration in months: 48 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
Delivery Payment, monthly in arrears.
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
Limited Liability Company, or Company Limited by Guarantee, or Limited Liability Partnership.
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they are not bankrupt or the subject of an administration order, are not being wound-up, have not granted a trust deed, are not the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of their estate, have not had a receiver, manager or administrator appointed and are not otherwise apparently insolvent.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met:
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Legal persons should indicate the names and professional qualifications of the staff responsible for the execution of the service: yes
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Envisaged number of operators: 6
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Criteria set out in the PQQ documents.
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: no
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
Time limit for receipt of requests for documents or for accessing documents: 3.2.2014
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
10.2.2014 – 17:00
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
Precise information on deadline(s) for lodging appeals: The BDC will incorporate a minimum 10 calendar day standstill period at the point information on the award of the contract is communicated to tenderers. This period allows unsuccessful tenderers to seek further debriefing from the contracting authority before the contract is entered into. Applicants have two working days from notification of the award decision to request additional debriefing and that information has to be provided a minimum of 3 working days before expiry of the standstill period. Such additional information should be requested from the address in section VI.4.1.If an appeal regarding the award of a contract has not been successfully resolved the Public Contracts Regulations 2006 (SI 2006 No 5) provide for aggrieved parties who have been harmed or are at risk of harm by a breach of the rules to take action in the High Court (England, Wales and Northern Ireland). Any such action must be brought promptly (generally within 3 months). Where a contract has not been entered into the court may order the setting aside of the award decision or order the authority to amend any document and may award damages. If the contract has been entered into the court may only award damages.
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained