Business travel services for Staffordshire County Council
Provision of business travel services to Staffordshire County Council and other local public sector bodies.
UK-Stafford: business travel services
Section I: Contracting authority
Staffordshire County Council
Wedgwood Building, Tipping Street
For the attention of: John Tapsell
ST16 2DH Stafford
Telephone: +44 1785854651
Fax: +44 1785854660
General address of the contracting authority: www.staffordshire.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: www.staffordshire.gov.uk/business/procurement/etendering/
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 18: Rail transport services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Staffordshire.
NUTS code UKG3
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 1 000 000 and 1 500 000 GBP
Range: between 1 000 000 and 1 500 000 GBP
Description of these options: The initial period commences on 1.4.2012 to 31.3.2015, with option to extend for a further 12 months. Therefore options may be taken up for the period 1.4.2015 to 31.3.2016. The option will be exercised at the discretion of the County Council.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 33 (from the award of the contract)
Number of possible renewals: 2
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Financial checks will be undertaken for economic operators using one or more of the Councils current financial assessors; n2check (www.n2check.com), Dun & Bradstreet (www.dnb.co.uk), Experian (www.experian.co.uk). Economic operators will be assessed according to the level of risk stipulated by the financial assessors used. Any economic operator being given an above average/higher than average risk rating or poorer, by one or more of the assessors used, may be rejected.
1. It is the responsibility of the economic operator to ensure that the appropriate accounts have been filed and that the credit information held is correct.
2. Should economic operators wish other financial information to be taken into account to support the economic and financial check this should be submitted with the response to the PQQ. SCC reserves the right to request further financial information and to take this into account where necessary in addition to the level of risk stipulated by the financial assessors.
3. For sole traders/partnerships where third party financial assessments are not available the assessment will be undertaken using a financial spreadsheet detailing trading account data for the last 3 years.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: The organisation should hold as a minimum the following insurance levels or be able to provide with their response, a written statement advising that should they be awarded the contract they will have the required levels of insurance in place for the commencement of the contract.
— Public liability 5 000 000 GBP,
— Employers liability 5 000 000 GBP,
— Professional indemnity 2 000 000 GBP.
Failure to comply with Regulation 25C.
A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years and:
(I) the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided;
(II) The consideration received;
(III) The identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided;
(IV) Any certificate issued or countersigned by that person confirming the details of the contract for those goods sold or services provided; and
(aa) That person was not a contracting authority; and
(bb) The certificate referred to in subparagraph (c)(iv) is not available.
Any declaration by the economic operator attesting the details of the goods sold or services provided.
The economic operator must submit at least 3 references as detailed within invitation to tender questionnaire.
Failure to comply with Regulation 25D.
A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
Economic operators must complete the section within the invitation to tender, technical / service quality capacity.
A statement of the economic operators technical facilities measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
Economic operators must complete the section within the Invitation To Tender. Quality Issues.
Section IV: Procedure
Payable documents: no
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: no
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: September 2015.
1. Instructions at http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/business/procurement/etendering/.
2. Follow the link to Proactis E-Tendering (http://www.staffordshire.alito.co.uk). On the main page click Suppliers then (new user) Register links.
3. Complete the self-registration questions and click the Register button.
4. You will receive a confirmation e-mail with an authentication link (this e-mail may find its way to your trash/junk e-mail account, so please check).
5. Confirm the authentication and then login into Proactis Suppliers-side.
6. Search the bulletin board for the tender(s) using key words, search criteria etc.
7. Once found, click on the (blue) contract title to register interest against an active tender.
8. Click the Register button and then Continue.
9. The tender will now be in the My Tenders profile area on the main menu.
10.Find the Read Me First document and continue with managing the tender.
If you require urgent assistance regarding the initial usage of the eTendering package please contact the Contracting Authority point-of-contact in Section I.1 of this notice. On failure to reach this contact, please immediately e-mail the nature of the difficulty to firstname.lastname@example.org.