Catering Supplies Scotland Excel
Supply and delivery of catering sundries.
UK-Paisley: disposable catering supplies
Section I: Contracting authority
Unit 5, Anchor Mill, 7 Thread Street
Contact point(s): Scotland Excel
For the attention of: Facilities Team
PA1 1JR Paisley
Telephone: +44 1418426641
Fax: +44 1418426661
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.scotland-excel.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA10383
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
Aberdeen City Council
Argyll and Bute Council
City of Edinburgh Council
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
Dumfries and Galloway Council
Dundee City Council
East Ayrshire Council
East Dunbartonshire Council
East Lothian Council
East Renfrewshire Council
Moray Council, The
North Ayrshire Council
North Lanarkshire Council
Orkney Islands Council
Perth and Kinross Council
Scottish Borders Council
Shetland Islands Council
South Ayrshire Council
South Lanarkshire Council
West Dunbartonshire Council
West Lothian Council
Associate Members of Scotland Excel (full details provided in tender document)
Scottish National Health Service Authorities and Trusts (full details provided in tender document)
Scottish Further and Higher Education Funding Council (full details provided in tender document)
Scottish Prison Service – All establishments owned and managed by the Scottish Ministers through the Scottish Prison Service providing secure accommodation for persons ordered to be detained in custody by order of the Scottish Courts or the Scottish Government (full details provided in tender document)
Tayside Contracts including Angus Council, Dundee City Council and Perth & Kinross Council
All Scottish Police Joint Boards constituted under the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1994 and any successor authority or body (full details provided in tender document)
A ‘relevant authority’ under the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 otherwise known as a ‘fire and rescue’ authority and any successor authority or body (full details provided in tender document)
Section II: Object of the contract
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Various locations throughout the geographical boundaries of the participating Council’s and associate members within Scotland.
NUTS code UKM
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 15
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT: 45 000 000 GBP
Frequency and value of the contracts to be awarded: Annual spend for local authorities 4 000 000 GBP / NHS 3 700 000 GBP / APUC 3 600 000 GBP/ SPS 100 000 GBP.
The purpose of this tender is to invite offers for the supply and delivery of a range of catering sundries that will be used by all public sector clients to support their catering services requirements.
39222100, 39221130, 39222120, 39222110, 55524000, 15612500, 55500000, 39221180, 39299000, 39221130, 39221110, 39221200, 39240000, 39241120, 34911100, 32354800, 39513200, 33772000, 39220000, 39222000, 39221100, 39222200, 39241000, 39241100, 39241110
Tenders may be submitted for one or more lots
Estimated value excluding VAT: 45 000 000 GBP
Description of these options: Scotland Excel reserve the right, subject to satisfactory performance and member satisfaction, to extend for a period of up to one year until 31.7.2016.
Information about lots
Lot No: 1 Lot title: Catering disposables
39222100, 39221130, 39222120, 32354800, 39513200, 39222110, 33772000
55500000, 15612500, 55524000, 39221180, 39299000, 39221130, 39221110, 39221200, 39240000, 39241120, 33772000, 39220000, 39222000, 39221100, 39222200, 39241000, 39241100, 39241110
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process;
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession;
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession;
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register;
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process;
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: For submitted accounts a review will be conducted by Scotland Excel for financial standing and a credit check will be carried out with an independent specialist company.
For insurance tenderers will be required to submit documentary evidence to effect:
Employers liability – in accord with Regulation 5 of the Employer’s Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Regulations 1998 (as amended).
Third party/public & products liability – to a minimum indemnity limit of GBP 10 million per occurrence*.
Motor Vehicle Insurance – in accord with the provisions of the current Road Traffic Act 1988 (as amended).
*(each occurrence or single incident will have a 10 000 000 GBP limit, this will be maintained during the policy year).
(1) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests;
(2) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
Section IV: Procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Financial. Weighting 80
2. Quality & service. Weighting 20
Scotland Excel, 7 Thread Street, Paisley PA1 1JR, UNITED KINGDOM.
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: yes
Additional information about authorised persons and opening procedure: Only Scotland Excel members and officials may be present at tender opening.
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: Approximately 1 year prior to the expiry of the framework.
Targeted recruitment and training.
SME and social enterprise development.
Glasgow City Council have indicated they will not participate in this framework however they reserve the right to join at a later date if they choose to do so.
Refer to VI.4.2
7 Thread Street
PA1 1JR Paisley