Ceremonial Event Planning and Management for the Scottish Government
The Scottish Government requires the provision of a one-stop professional project management service in respect of the maintenance of an existing set of plans for state and ceremonial matters within Scotland.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Project-management services other than for construction work
Section I: Contracting authority
The Scottish Ministers acting through the Scottish Government
3F North Victoria Quay
Contact point(s): Scottish Government Procurement Team
For the attention of: Carrie MacPherson
EH6 6QQ Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1312447216
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.scotland.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA10482
Electronic access to information: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 11: Management consulting services  and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Edinburgh.
NUTS code UKM25
The Services to be provided by the Contractor consist of a combination of the supervision and management of work by other contractors, for example oversight of the erection of barriers, media scaffolding and portable toilet facilities, the co-ordination of work by other public bodies in relation to organising crowd control measures, public information measures, transportation facilities for members of the public and the provision of direct work and services by the Contractor or by their sub-contractors such as maintenance of CAD drawings, maintenance of detailed plans and distribution of such plans to relevant stakeholders where applicable.
Note: The authority is using PCS-Tender to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required.
To access PCS-Tender, record your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visit https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk and search for project Code Project_1708 within the appropriate area.
If you have already registered on Public Contracts Scotland and PCS-Tender and paired your accounts you can access PCS-Tender through your Public Contracts Scotland Control Panel.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
Details of the Technical Capacity that applicants will be required to demonstrate, are contained within the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ). Details of how to access the PQQ document are contained within this notice.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Applicants are required to complete the questions within the Pre-qualification Questionnaire; applicants must meet the minimum requirements stated. Overall scores shall be marked out of 100 and ranked accordingly. A maximum of 5 applicants shall proceed to ITT stage.
— Bidders Details – seeks background information about the bidder; this section is not normally evaluated, however the Authority may choose not to take forward bidders that cannot provide basic company information;
— Questions relating to Criminal Convictions and Business Probity (mandatory and discretionary reasons for exclusion);
— Information Regarding the Economic or Financial Standing of the bidding organisation;
— Insurance questions;
— Conflict of Interest questions;
— Technical or Professional Capability – Weighting 60 %;
— Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery – Weighting 10 %;
— Quality Management – Weighting 20 %;
— Equal Opportunities – Pass/ Fail; and
— Health and Safety – Weighting 10 %.
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: Contract Award; Re-tendering of Services.