City Careers Open House
- The City of London Corporation wishes to invite tenders from suitably qualified and experienced companies for the provision of ‘City Careers Open House’.
- City of London Corporation
- City Careers Open House
- The City of London Corporation wishes to invite tenders from suitably qualified and experienced companies for the provision of ‘City Careers Open House’. Services required include but are not limited to:
- Provision for City and City fringe (For the purposes of this project these are the London boroughs of Camden, Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Lambeth and Southwark) students and parents/carers to learn more about the range of careers in the City through a minimum 3 hour session incorporating a tour of a City firm. Included should be a mandatory pre and post tour questionnaire measuring ‘distance travelled’ i.e. how much the participant has learnt about career options in the City by the end of the tour and any change in perceptions/aspirations.
- Co-ordination of communications about raising aspirations activities with schools and parents involved in the projects which may include newsletters, networking events or the creation of social media communities.
- Compulsory sign-posting (which may include the provision of a paper-based list of useful contacts/projects that participants may be eligible to join) of students to other raising aspiration type projects and tracking of students 6 months after the tour to measure what, if any impact the tours have on their educational/career choices and whether engagement in any other aspiration-raising activity has taken place.
- For primary school students and parents/carers a compulsory 2+ hour preparatory session before each tour to be held at the school, in order to prepare participants who may otherwise be overwhelmed by the experience, with information on what to expect during the tour.
- Ms Dorothee Njindou
- Email Address:
- PO Box 270
- 27/01/2012 00:00
- 10/02/2012 00:00
- Estimated Value (£):
- 24 (months)
- 12 (months)