Civil Engineering Professional Services Framework for Translink
Provision of General Operatives with the Personnel Track Safety (PTS) qualification. Provision of Track Safety Co-ordinators (TSC). Provision of Engineering Supervisors (ES). Provision of Persons in Charge of Possession (PICOP). Provision of Road/ Rail Excavators. Provision of Road/Rail Trailers.United Kingdom-Belfast: Railway-track maintenance services
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
3 Milewater Road
For the attention of: Paul McCollough
BT3 9BG Belfast
Telephone: +44 2890354029
General address of the contracting entity: Www.translink.co.uk and www.e-sourcingni.bravosolution.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Urban railway, tramway, trolleybus or bus services
Section II: Object of the contract
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Northern Ireland.
NUTS code UKN0
The Contract with the successful Economic Operator will be for an initial period of two years, commencing in January 2014 and running until December 2015. There will also be an option on the Contract to extend it with the mutual consent of both Northern Ireland Railways Ltd and the successful Economic Operator for a period on two years, through an annual review at the end of Year 2 and the end of Year 3 (2 Years + 1 Year +1 Year).
The principal items of work to be delivered by the successful Economic Operator to NIR are envisaged as:-
– Provision of General Operatives with the Personnel Track Safety (PTS) qualification.
– Provision of Track Safety Co-ordinators (TSC)
– Provision of Engineering Supervisors (ES)
– Provision of Persons in Charge of Possession (PICOP)
– Provision of Road/ Rail Excavators
– Provision of Road/Rail Trailers
– Provision of Road/rail dumpers
– Provision of Tipping Lorries
– Provision of Tracked Excavators
– Provision of Low-loader lorries
– Provision of certified and qualified Plant Operatives
Other possible items of work to be delivered by the successful Economic Operator to NIR are envisaged as:-
– Spot road surfacing at level crossings
– White lining of road pavements at level crossings
– Emergency call-outs
– General callouts to supplement the in-house resources
– Track Welding
– Weed Spraying
2.2 Estimated value
The estimated value, excluding VAT, of the project is in the cost range of GBP 1,000,000 to GBP 1,500,000. per year with and overall value of GBP 4,000,000 – GBP 6,000,000 if the contract is extended to its maximum of 4 years.
2.3 Form of contract
An NEC3 Form of contract shall be used for this Project. It is envisaged that this will be either a Fixed Term Form.
Full details of the contract will be set out in the Invitation to Tender Documents.
Description of these options: The Term Contract is to be for a two year period duration, extendable for a further two 12 month periods to a maximum of four years duration subject to the satisfactory performance of the successful teams
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Other: Browse to the eSourcing Portal: www.e-sourcingni.bravosolution.co.uk
Section VI: Complementary information
1. Browse to the eSourcing Portal: www.e-sourcingni.bravosolution.co.uk
2. Click the “Click here to register” link
3. Accept the terms and conditions and click “continue”
4. Enter your correct business and user details
5. Note the username you chose and click “Save” when complete
6. You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this
7. Login to the portal with the username/password
8. Click the “PQQs Open to All Suppliers” link. (These are PQQs open to any
9. Click on the relevant PQQ to access the content
10. Click the “Express Interest” button in the “Actions” box on the left-hand side of the page. This will move the PQQ over to the “My PQQs” page. (This is a secure area reserved for your Projects only)
11. Click on the PQQ code, you can now access any attachments by clicking the “Settings and Buyer Attachments” in the “Actions” box on the left-hand side of the page
12. You can now choose to “Reply” or “Reject” (please give a reason if rejecting)
13. Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ
If you require any further assistance the BravoSolution help desk is available Mon – Fri (8am – 6pm) on:
– Email: email@example.com
– Phone: +48 8003684850 / Fax: +48 2070800480
N.B.: Do not leave completing your PQQ / ITT response until the last minute, late responses shall be rejected.
The Utilities Contracts Regulations 2006 provide for aggrieved parties who have been harmed or are at risk of harm by a breach of the rules to take action in the High Court (England, Wales and Northern Ireland).
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:6.9.2013