Civil Engineering – West Lothian Council Depot Modernisation Consultancy
Provision of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of CDM Co-ordinator; Quantity Surveyor; Electrical & Mechanical Engineer; Fire Engineer and Structural and Civil Engineer for the following project.
United Kingdom-Livingston: Civil engineering consultancy services
Section I: Contracting authority
West Lothian Council
West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road
Contact point(s): Corporate Procurement Unit
For the attention of: Catriona Peden
EH54 6FF Livingston
Telephone: +44 1506283312
Fax: +44 1506281325
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.westlothian.com/councilcontracts
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00140
Electronic access to information: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Bathgate.
NUTS code UKM28
West Lothian Council currently delivers its Operational Services from a number of Depot locations. The proposals include the relocation of these services to a central location in Whitehill Industrial Estate, along with undercover salt storage and a new waste transfer facility. The proposals include refurbishment of two existing buildings (with headquarter offices and storage), a new build fleet building, significant external vehicle storage and refuelling facilities.
Note: The authority is using PCS-Tender to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required
To access PCS-Tender, record your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visit https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk and search for project Code project_1771 within the appropriate area.
If you have already registered on Public Contracts Scotland and PCS-Tender and paired your accounts you can access PCS-Tender through your Public Contracts Scotland Control Panel.
71311000, 71312000, 71321000, 71317100, 71317000, 71324000
Estimated value excluding VAT: 750 000 GBP
Description of these options: The option to extend the contract for a further 1 year period if required.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 36 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(4) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(5) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(6) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(7) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
Reference to the relevant law, regulation or administrative provision: As noted in specification.
Section IV: Procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Quality.. Weighting 60
2. Price.. Weighting 40
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:27.12.2013