Combined Heat and Power Service Contract 2014 – 2019
Level 03 Scheduled and Unscheduled Maintenance including Availability Guarantee.
United Kingdom-Bury St Edmunds: Water installations
Section I: Contracting authority
West Suffolk Hospital NHS Trust
For the attention of: Debbie Stevenson
IP33 2QZ Bury St Edmunds
Telephone: +44 1284713854
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
Bury St Edmunds
NUTS code UKH14
Application: Combined Natural Gas Fuelled Power Generation, Hot Water Production.
Number of Systems: 1.
Type: Nimbus 800.
Running Hours Per Year: 8,760 hrs.
Availability (Basis of Pricing): 92 %.
Type of Contract: Level 03 Scheduled and Unscheduled Maintenance including Availability Guarantee.
Scope of services to include:
All spare parts for scheduled inspections (every 1500 hours).
All manpower for scheduled inspections.
All spare parts for unscheduled maintenance.
All manpower for unscheduled maintenance.
All expenses associated with the above (travel time, fuel costs and subsistence allowances etc).
Remote monitoring of systems by our service team.
Monthly reports on the main operating parameters of the CHP system.
Access to technical assistance 24 hours a day. All of service engineers have access to remote monitoring from home. Normal on-line response time shall be within the hour.
Availability guarantee of 92 % per year with associated penalty/bonus scheme.
All used spare parts and consumable items (including filters and lubricating oil) will be removed from site and disposed of professionally and in line with any legal requirements.
A core requirement of the Contract shall be the ability to deliver a high quality service that will ensure that the savings generated by the system are maximised for the Trust.
Estimated value range between 300,000 and 400,000.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 400 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender~: 1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once) – Browse to the eSourcing Portal: https://eoecph.bravosolution.co.uk and click the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’ – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete – You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure) 2. Express an Interest in the tender – Login to the portal with the username/password – Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) – Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content. – Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page. – This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) -You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’ box 3. Responding to the tender – Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining) – You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification – Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT – There may be a mixture of online & offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available) You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(4) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities and measures for ensuring quality;
(5) An indication of any proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(6) A list of similar works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: All service providers wishing to be included in the tendering process should apply through the Bravo Portal.
Each application will be evaluated in terms of the following key criteria to determine the final Tender List:
Central support Services;
Response Times and Access to Spares;
Added Value Services.
As per Trust Standing financial instruction – 2 exec directors.
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: yes
Additional information about authorised persons and opening procedure: Any Exec Director of the Trust.
Section VI: Complementary information