Community Ophthalmic Services Bedfordshire
NHS Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group Community Ophthalmic Services.
United Kingdom-Bedford: Optician services
Section I: Contracting authority
NHS Central Eastern CSU
Gilbert Hitchcock House, 21 Kimbolton Road
For the attention of: Dharminder Khosa
MK40 2AW Bedford
Telephone: +44 1234897490
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.greatereasterncsu.nhs.uk
Address of the buyer profile: https://eoecph.bravosolution.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 25: Health and social services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Bedfordshire.
NUTS code UKH22
To invigorate change towards better value in healthcare locally, BCCG is adopting a fresh approach to commissioning which focuses on outcomes from both the patient and clinical perspective. Higher quality means better value and less waste, with patients getting the right care in the right place, first time.
The prime contractor will be responsible for developing and delivering a consultant-led community ophthalmic services in areas such as glaucoma testing, post-surgical follow-up, primary care acute referral schemes, cataract monitoring, age-related macular degeneration review, paediatric conditions and low vision services. The successful Prime Contractor is expected to promote the use of primary care professionals with the appropriate skills to provide quicker access and choice.
The service will need to make sure that people with eye conditions are triaged and appropriate conditions treated within the community, have access to high quality, effective and timely advice, assessment, diagnosis, treatment for their condition and, where appropriate, the onward referral of more complex cases.
BCCG is looking for a model of service that supports the development of care pathways and the re-provision of outpatient activity from the hospital to the community setting.
The successful Prime Contractor is expected to develop referral guidance and referral forms and ensure a seamless shift from secondary care. The development of interfaces with other relevant services and community professionals and the link with NICE pathways are also a requirement.
The service will play an integral part in improving patient’s experience of the NHS by ensuring that they receive high quality outpatient care without any delay. It places an emphasis on prevention and self-care with the patient as an active agent rather than a passive recipient.
Providers are required to identify whether they are potential Prime Contract Holders or potential Sub Contractors. At this stage in the procurement, Expressions of Interest and PQQ submissions are only required from those organisations that consider themselves suitable prime contract holders. To help providers in determining whether they are a suitable prime contractor the following will apply:
The prime contractor will be responsible for Ophthalmology care and clinical delivery along with the financial and budgetary management, budgetary analysis and overall contract management of the system pathway. The prime contractor will be required to deliver an integrated system pathway for Ophthalmology services that envisages the patient experiencing a seamless service across their entire journey. It is envisaged that the Prime Contracting body will be responsible for the performance and contract management of all sub-contractors in the pathway.
Should providers consider they are suitable candidates then please ‘Express an Interest’ and submit a completed PQQ by following the technical instructions in this advert.
Potential sub-contractors should email their interest in joining a list of potential sub-contractors to the following email address: email@example.com
The list of potential sub-contractors will be shared with potential prime contractors and it will therefore be the responsibility of prime contractors to contact any subcontractors from the list.
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 20 000 000 and 22 500 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
1) For entering general supplier information Central Eastern CSU utilises the NHS Supplier Information Database (Sid4gov) to manage and assess general pre-qualification information in the form of a profile. Candidates are requested to provide their profile in Sid4gov as follows:
(i) Candidates must obtain a Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) D-U-N-S® Number to enable registration on sid4gov. This is normally provided within 48 hours but may take up to 5 days*, so please ensure this step is completed as soon as possible. The D-U-N-S® Number is the standard supplier coding for the NHS and must be obtained for use in all trading with the NHS. Check to see if your company has a D-U-N-S® Number on the sid4gov registration page.
* The D-U-N-S® Number registration turnaround time quoted is for UK subjects. Non UK subjects (businesses registered outside of the UK), should use www.dnb.com and choose the country in which the business is registered from the selection at the top of the Home page and then search for DUNS request form. If unable to find a DUNS request form please contact the local Customer Services team. Turnaround times will vary from country to country.
(ii) Candidates should register on Sid4gov at http://gps.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/i-am-buyer/registration-sid4gov and submit their Sid4gov company profile for publication to the system. Select the Register Organisation on the left of the page and then select Organisation Type supplier. Key in details as shown to search for your D-U-N-S® Number. If you are not on their database click on the link at the bottom of the page to obtain a number from D&B.
(iii) Once registration has been authorised by the sid4gov administrator and after receiving logon details, access the Profile Management area and create and validate your sid4gov company profile. (Candidates must publish at least one validated profile to make their profile available for buyers to view generally – see the Help page on sid4gov within Profile Management for more details).
(iv) Candidates should ensure all the mandatory fields of their sid4gov profile are completed. Failure to comply with the completion of all mandatory fields could result in the elimination from the procurement process. D&B data will be supplied automatically by D&B.
(v) Once a candidate has ensured that all the required fields are completed and the profile has been validated, they must add the profile to the Request to Participate list Bedfordshire Community Ophthalmic Integrated System of Care 0CG/13/0021. Select ‘View all request to participate lists’ on the left menu and search/select this list. Select the Join button to the right of the list and then select the validated profile to allocate to this procurement (you may have more than one validated profile as you may have different information held against your profile for different procurements).
(vi) For further guidance please visit the following link, scrolling down to the suppliers guide http://gps.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/i-am-buyer/registration-sid4gov
(vii) Where access to Sid4gov is unavailable, please contact the sid4gov Helpdesk at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender~:
1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once) – Browse to the eSourcing Portal: https://eoecph.bravosolution.co.uk and click the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’ – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete – You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure)
2. Express an Interest in the tender – Login to the portal with the username/password – Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) – Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content. – Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page. – This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) -You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’ box
3. Responding to the tender – Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining) – You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification – Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT – There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available) You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: As per requirements to complete Sid4gov profile – see III.2.1 for more information on how to complete Sid4gov profile.
As per requirements to complete Sid4gov profile – see III.2.1 for more information on how to complete Sid4gov profile.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: The contract period is for 5 years, therefore estimated timing for further notices will be 50 months following contract award.
If an appeal regarding the award of a contract has not been successfully resolved the Public Contracts Regulations 2006 (SI 2006 No 5) provide for aggrieved parties who have been harmed or are at risk of harm by a breach of the rules to take action in the High Court (England, Wales and Northern Ireland).
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:23.8.2013