Construction Strategic Adviser and Corporate Cost Manager 2013 – 2016
To assist the Director of Corporate Services and his staff undertake strategic development roles including: Providing strategic advice and direction to the various groups within the Library; Project management methodology implementation and guidance to the Teams; Capital Programme time and cost management.
United Kingdom-Aberystwyth: Project management consultancy services
Section I: Contracting authority
The National Library of Wales
Contact point(s): Facilities
For the attention of: F. C. Farrow
SY23 3BU Aberystwyth
Telephone: +44 1970632831
Fax: +44 1970615709
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.llgc.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0452
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 11: Management consulting services  and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: National Library of Wales.
NUTS code UKL14
To assist the Director of Corporate Services and his staff undertake strategic development roles including:
— Providing strategic advice and direction to the various groups within the Library;
— Project management methodology implementation and guidance to the Teams;
— Capital Programme time and cost management;
— Undertake the role of client representative and ensure that the user interests are presented and understood;
— The identification and nurturing of opportunities for development of the facilities;
— Strategic management of the maintenance programme;
— Advising and assisting in the appointment of appropriate consultants to undertake the delivery of projects;
— The services will entail close working with the Library’s Building Facilities Management staff, the Building strategic group, the various departmental staff;
— Ensuring high standards of good governance and probity are met by Building Facilities section.
NOTE: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required.
To access eTenderwales, express your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visit https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.shtml and search for PQQ/ITT code pqq_30948 within the appropriate area.
72224000, 79418000, 71244000, 71541000
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 90 000 and 150 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: National Library of Wales Standard Terms & Conditions.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business. the bidder is established.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract;
(3) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: See PQQ on etenderwales (BRAVO).
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:26.7.2013