Construction Work Leeds
Refurbishment and Extension of Merrion House, Leeds.
United Kingdom-Leeds: Construction work
Section I: Contracting authority
Town Centre Securities PLC
Town Centre House, The Merrion Centre
Contact point(s): Richard Boothroyd & Associates Limited
For the attention of: Billy Paton
LS2 8LY Leeds
Telephone: +44 1132340700
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.tcs-plc.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Design and execution
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Leeds.
NUTS code UKE42
The site is bounded on two sides by a busy road and has an operational shopping centre on the other two boundaries. The refurbishment involves stripping the existing building back to the concrete frame and floors and then constructing to BCO Standard Cat A offices.
The new build is BCO Standard Cat A offices.
45000000, 45213100, 45213112, 45213150, 71200000, 71240000, 71300000, 71400000, 71500000
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 25 000 000 and 30 000 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: Providers may be asked to actively participate in the achievement of social and/or environmental objectives. Accordingly, contract performance conditions in particular may relate to social and/or environmental conditions.
Further details will be set out in the tender documents.
Responses must be received by the date and time set out in Section IV.3.4.
Applicants are required to provide:
(a) evidence of relevant professional indemnity insurance minimum 15 million GBP for each and every claim OR provide confirmation that such insurance will be in place at the point of contract award;
(b) evidence of public liability insurance minimum 20 million GBP OR confirmation that such insurance will be in place at the point of contract award;
(c) evidence of employer’s liability insurance minimum 20 million GBP OR confirmation that such insurance will be in place at the point of contract award;
(d) registration number for Constructionline. The Client requires Applicants to have a minimum Notation Value on Constructionline of 30 million GBP. The Constructionline category of work is Building (Design and Construct).
Applicants must therefore be registered on Constructionline. Applicants not currently registered on Constructionline will need to register. Further information on Constructionline can be found at www.constructionline.co.uk, or contact Shaun Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are currently registered on Constructionline then please log onto Constructionline to ensure your registration is up to date.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: (a) pass/fail – pass is provision of relevant evidence or confirmation of commitment to procure for contract award;
(b) pass/fail – pass is provision of relevant evidence or confirmation of commitment to procure for contract award;
(c) pass/fail – pass is provision of relevant evidence or confirmation of commitment to procure for contract award;
(d) pass/fail – pass is meeting the minimum Constructionline Notation Value of 30 million GBP.
Consortium Applicants should note that all of the above pass/fail elements must be passed by ALL members of the consortium in order for the consortium bid to pass this section III.2.2. If any one member of the consortium fails any part of this section III.2.2 then the consortium as a whole will fail.
In accordance with Articles 48-50 of Directive 2004/18/EC and Regulations 23 and 24 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2006 (as amended). Applicants are required to provide:
(a) confirmation that none of the mandatory grounds for rejection set out in Regulation 23(1) to (2) apply to the Applicant;
(b) confirmation that none of the discretionary grounds for rejection set out in Regulation 23 (4) apply to the Applicant;
(c) Health and Safety – Applicant to confirm that they comply with all applicable health and safety legislation and that they will commit to:
(1) providing adequate control of the health, safety and welfare risks arising from the company’s work activities which may affect its staff or others;
(2) to consult with staff on matters on health, safety and welfare;
(3) to provide and maintain safe equipment necessary for carrying out the contract;
(4) to ensure safe handling and use of substances;
(5) to prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health;
(6) to maintain safe and healthy working conditions;
(7) to ensure sufficient funds are made available to implement these commitments.
(d) Equality and Diversity – Applicants should confirm that they comply with all relevent equalities and diversity legislation including the Equalities Act 2010;
(e) Applicants should provide all the information requested in Section VI.3.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
(a) Pass/Fail – pass is relevant confirmation;
(b) Pass/Fail – pass is relevant confirmation or exercise of discretion of purchaser in light of all circumstances as set out by Applicant;
(c) Pass/Fail – pass is relevant confirmation;
(d) Pass/Fail – pass is relevant confirmation;
(e) Scored based on the information set out in Section VI.3.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: In line with the criteria set out in Section III.2.
Section VI: Complementary information
Applicants should note that the purchaser is not bound by the provisions of Directive 2004/18/EC or the Public Contracts Regulations 2006 (as amended) and this Notice is being published on a purely voluntary basis. Nothing in this notice or in any subsequent documentation should be taken as any indication that either the Directive or Regulations referred to above apply to the purchaser.
Applicants should note that the final works contract may be entered into by an LLP wholly owned by Town Centre Securities PLC.
Additional information requested from Applicants (together with information sought under Section III.2):
Please provide the additional information requested below. Examples of experience provided should be recent, meaning a start on site date of no earlier than 1 January 2000.
(1) Proposed Team (27.5 %): please identify the key members of staff who will be providing the services under this contract including their qualifications and relevant experience. Please provide CVs for key members of staff, to be no longer than 2 sides of A4 each;
(2) Relevant Construction Experience (27.5 %): Please identify the Applicant’s relevant experience of similar projects, identifying similarities to this project, the key challenges and how they were overcome;
(3) Relevant Procurement Experience (20 %): Please provide details of the Applicant’s experience of Two Stage open book procurement and the key deliverables and processes to ensure best value is achieved for the client. Also set out how the Applicant identifies, manages and cost risks;
(4) Relevant Experience- BREEAM (10 %): Please provide details of the Applicant organisation’s and proposed team members’ experience of achieving BREEAM excellent ratings on refurbishment builds of a similar nature to this project. Identify the key challenges encountered and how these were overcome;
(5) BIM Management/Implementation (10 %): Please provide details of the Applicant’s BIM protocols and management tools together with examples of of projects delivered on BIM. Indicate if the Applicant has managed BIM to provide 4D and 5D outputs;
(6) Employment (5 %): Please set out the Applicant’s experience in respect of how it has developed a labour force and sub-contract supply chain for projects it has worked on and how these approaches have benefitted the community that the project was based in.
The above criteria will be weighted according to the percentage shown in brackets above, and will be assessed on a scoring basis of 0-5 as follows:
0 = No experience or evidence / none provided.
1 = Poor experience or evidence directly related to this project demonstrated.
2 = Limited experience or evidence directly related to this project demonstrated.
3 = Satisfactory experience or evidence directly related to this project demonstrated.
4 = Good experience or evidence directly related to this project demonstrated.
5 = Significant experience or evidence directly related to this project demonstrated.
All applications and responses to be sent to the email address in Section I.1: NMHTender@rba-online.co.uk
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:5.3.2014