Consultancy Commission 2013 for Arts Development Advice
The nature of this work will require a commitment to a long term involvement with Carlisle and in particular with the City Council and its Art Development Officer.
- Carlisle City Council
- Consultancy Commission 2013 for Arts Development Advice
- The City Council recognises the strategic importance of arts and cultural activity across the district, bringing a wide-range of socio-economic benefits and contributes to sustainable communities. It is in a position now to make a step change in the way it supports and promotes the arts.
The Carlisle Plan, adopted by the City Council Executive on 8 April 2013, identifies within its vision statement that:
‘We will develop vibrant sports, arts and cultural facilities, showcasing the City of Carlisle’
Action one in its Action Plan is ‘the delivery of a city centre arts centre’Carlisle City Council wishes to procure specialist consultancy advice to support the development of an overarching Statement of Intent for The Arts in Carlisle and, linked to this, commissioning of a new arts centre in the city centre.
The nature of this work will require a commitment to a long term involvement with Carlisle and in particular with the City Council and its Art Development Officer. It is envisaged the commission will last until spring/summer 2015 and, spread over that time period, comprise between 70 and 100 days work.
This commission is intended to provide ongoing support and advice. The successful consultant will be required to:
· Work with City Council staff to finalise the Arts Development Group’s terms of reference, membership and 18 month work programme.
· Support the chair of the development group/act as vice or interim chair as required.
· Support the Arts Development group as it produces a statement of intent for the arts in Carlisle.
· Support, advise and mentor the small team of full and part time City Council staff who have responsibility to lead on the development of the arts strategy and arts centre.
· Advise on business plan development and provide expert input as required on facility operation and management issues – including staffing.
· Provide expert input as required on issues related to programme design and commissioning
· Provide reports and advice as required to the Arts Centre Strategy Working Group which is made up of senior officers and the Portfolio Holder
· Seek out, support and advocate on behalf of the Development Group in securing external funding (including ACE)
· Seek out and promote good practice in similar situations and arrange study trips, learning and capacity building activities for the development group.
· Liaise on behalf of the City Council with stakeholders and partners a required.
Please register your interest via The Chest to receive the tender documents.
All queries must be submitted via The Chest Question & Answer section
- Miss Dawn Reid
- Email Address:
- All queries submitted via The Chest
- Financial Services
9th Floor, Civic Centre
- 11/09/2013 10:00
- 27/09/2013 16:00
- 22 (months)
- 0 (months)
- Express an interest online