Contract for Provision of Public Attitudes Tracker
UK Sport is looking to carry out a study to track public attitudes towards Olympic and Paralympic sport via a series of mostly quarterly online surveys starting in late June 2021.
PROVISION OF RESEARCH SERVICES (Public Attitudes Tracker)
The United Kingdom Sports Council
- Research and development services and related consultancy services – 73000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
PROVISION OF RESEARCH SERVICES
19 May 2021
1 June 2021
Contract start date
15 June 2021
Contract end date
16 June 2023
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Background and objectives
1. UK Sport is looking to carry out a study to track public attitudes towards Olympic and Paralympic sport via a series of mostly quarterly online surveys starting in late June 2021. We have been carrying out similar survey work since August 2017 and so already have a framework questionnaire for this purpose. We will wish to continue many lines of enquiry into the new study but are likely to want to introduce some additional areas into the research that align with aspects of our new strategy https://www.uksport.gov.uk/about-us/strategic-plan. With UK Sport planning for three surveys in and around the period of the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games (see below), bidders should prepare a proposal comprising a total of ten general adult surveys, plus two separate surveys of children and young people.
2. For the purposes of preparing their proposals, bidders can work on the basis that the adult questionnaire will comprise up to 20 closed questions and up to three open questions. In terms of the sample, we are anticipating a UK-representative sample of c2000 adults aged 16+, including a Northern Ireland element. As far as the two children and young people strands are concerned, we have hitherto achieved samples of 500 and have an existing questionnaire comprising 15 closed questions and open questions. We are keen to hear from bidders about their proposals for recruiting young participants and maximising the effectiveness of the survey process with young people.
3. As mentioned above, we wish to carry out three surveys in and around Tokyo.
(see attached for further info)
4. Working closely with the UK Sport project team, the successful contractor will be required:
i. to undertake the administration of the required surveys including design and administration/distribution of the questionnaires;
ii. to carry out all data processing and analysis consistent with the research objectives. This must include standard data tables (including coded verbatim comments) for each wave of the tracker survey and the three additional surveys, plus a full validated SPSS data set for each wave
iii. to produce (within two weeks of fieldwork closing) a brief report in Powerpoint form of each wave of the tracker survey, comparing the results of the new wave with those from the previous wave or waves. The exception to this will be in relation to the three ‘Tokyo’ waves of the tracker as no report will be required for either the pre-Games wave or the inter-Games wave. However, upon the conclusion of the post-Games wave, the successful bidder will be required to produce a full report, reflecting on the findings arising from the three waves as a whole.
Please see ITT for detailed instructions about the Specification and how to apply.
- ITT Public Attitudes Tracker (18 May 2021).docx
- Tender Notice
- Invitation to Tender
- Additional text
- Please see ITT for detailed instructions on how to apply.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
21 Bloomsbury Street