Contract Hire with Maintenance of Refuse Collection Vehicles
The contract hire of new vehicles to replace the existing Refuse Collection Vehicle fleet with maintenance.
United Kingdom-Cardiff: Vehicles for refuse
Section I: Contracting authority
County Hall, Atlantic Wharf
Contact point(s): Commisioning & Procurement
For the attention of: Shauket Ali
CF10 4UW Cardiff
Telephone: +44 2920873732
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/content.asp?parent_directory_id=2865
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0422
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 2: Land transport services , including armoured car services, and courier services, except transport of mail
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Delivery within boundary of Cardiff County Council.
NUTS code UKL22
Note: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required.
To access eTenderwales, express your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visit https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.shtml and search for PQQ/ITT code ITT_40957 within the appropriate area.
34144510, 34144511, 34144500, 90511000
Estimated value excluding VAT: 4 500 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
A parent company guarantee;
A performance guarantee bond;
Advance payment bond.
Description of particular conditions: Please refer to the ITT.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(4) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided
(5) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(6) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(7) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(8) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(9) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(10) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Section IV: Procedure
Cardiff Council, County Hall, Cardiff CF10 4UW.
Section VI: Complementary information
1. Register your company on the eTenderwales portal (this is only required once):
— Browse to the eSourcing Portal: www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
— Click the “Click here to register” link;
— Accept the terms and conditions and click “continue”;
— Enter your correct business and user details;
— Note the username you chose and click “Save” when complete;
— You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure).
2. Express an Interest in the tender:
— Login to the portal with the username/password;
— Click the “Open Access ITTs” link. (These are Invitation to Tender open to any registered supplier);
— Click on the relevant ITT to access the content. Project code_25906 / Project Ref 8331CCC/ ITT_40957;
— Click the “Express Interest” button in the “Actions” box on the left-hand side of the page;
— This will move the ITT into your “My ITTs” page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only);
— Click on the ITT code, you can now access any attachments by clicking the “Settings and Buyer Attachments” in the “Actions” box.
3. Responding to the tender:
— You can now choose to “Reply” or “Reject” (please give a reason if rejecting);
— You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification;
— Note the deadline for completion, then, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the ITT;
— There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available).
If you require any further assistance use the online help, or the BravoSolution help desk is available Mon – Fri (8:00 am – 18:00 pm) on:
— eMail: email@example.com
— Phone: +44 8003684850 / Fax: +44 2070800480
Please note the following.
The user who registers your expressions of interest will be the only point of contact for the Tender and receive all communications and documents through Bravo.
You must download the documents yourself after you have expressed an interest, they will not be sent to you.
Expressions of Interest will ONLY be accepted through the E Bravo Portal.
All documentation must be returned electronically via the E Bravo Portal.
Deadlines and Contacts:
The deadline for the Electronic return of the completed Tender is: 12:00 (noon) on Friday 14.2.2014.
The deadline for any clarification/ questions regarding this procurement will be: 17:00 on Friday 7.2.2014. Please note the Council will not respond to any dialogue after this date.
The contact within Corporate Procurement Services for this tender is: Shauket Ali.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:24.12.2013