Contract for Violence and Aggression Training
Provision of Violence and Aggression Training – ABMU Mental Health Directorate.
Abertawe Bro-Morgannwg University Health Board invites suppliers to tender for the provision of violence and aggression training for its staff working within the Mental Health services Directorate.
In Wales standards for training are identified in the All Wales Violence and Aggression Training Passport and Information Scheme (Passport) that comprises various Modules (Modules A-D).
There are two areas of training requirement:
1. General personal safety (Module B) and breakaway techniques (Module C)
2. Restrictive Physical Intervention (RPI) for the safe control of patients (Module D)
General nursing staff will require Modules B,C and D with clerical and other staff requiring Modules B and C. Training needs include new staff and there will also be a requirement for update training at appropriate frequencies
The contract will operate for a primary term of 12 months with an option to extend on a month to month basis thereafter upto a further 12 months
Interested parties must have experience of training clinically based staff within the Mental Health environment. Expressions of interest should be made by e-mail to the following address by no later than noon on 13th July 2012. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven’t already done so, you will be required to register on the eTenderwales portal – “Instructions to suppliers” below.
Classification of contract (CPV codes)
80561000 – Health training services.
SECTION IV: Administrative Information
1. Register your company on the eTenderwales portal (this is only required once)
– Browse to the eSourcing Portal: www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
– Click the “Click here to register” link
– Accept the terms and conditions and click “continue”
– Enter your correct business and user details
– Note the username you chose and click “Save” when complete
– You will shortly receive an e-mail with your unique password (please keep this secure)
If you require any further assistance use the online help, or the Bravo Solution help desk is available Monday to Friday (8am – 6pm) on:
– e-mail: email@example.com
– Phone: 0800 368 4850 Fax: 020 7080 0480