Courier Services for NHS Wales
Provision of Courier Services to UK NEQAS for H&I Welsh Blood Service.
United Kingdom-Cardiff: Courier services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
NHS Wales Procurement Services
NWSSP Procurement Services, Velindre NHS Trust,, 2 Charnwood Court
For the attention of: Julie Winterburn
CF15 7QZ Cardiff
Telephone: +44 2920316983
Fax: +44 1443843259
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0221
Electronic access to information: www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Welsh Blood Service, Pontyclun.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Many UK NEQAS for H&I schemes require fresh blood for laboratories to test, therefore delivery of samples to the majority of destinations must be within 48 hours from collection from the Welsh Blood Services. Courier collection of packets is currently on a Tuesday morning to ensure samples are delivered to laboratories for testing before the weekend.
The contract is to commence 1.1.2015.
Note: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required. to access eTenderwales, express your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visit https:etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.shtml and search for project reference itt_44242 within the appropriate area
Note: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required.
To access eTenderwales, express your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visithttps://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.shtml and search for PQQ/ITT code itt_44242 within the appropriate area.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT: 183 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(1) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 14.11.2014 – 12:00
Section VI: Complementary information
Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender:
1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once) — Browse to the eSourcing Portal:https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk and click the link to register — Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’ — Enter your correct business and user details — Note the user-name you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete — You will shortly receive an e-mail with your unique password (please keep this secure)
2. Express an Interest in the tender — Login to the portal with the user-name/password — Click the ‘PQQs/ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) — Click on the relevant PQQ/ITT to access the content. — Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page. — This will move the PQQ/ITT into your ‘My PQQs/My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) — You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ITT Details’ box
3. Responding to the tender — Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining) — You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification – Note the deadline for completion, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the PQQ/ITT — There may be a mixture of on-line and off-line actions for you to perform (there is detailed on-line help available) You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the on-line help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
The Contracting Authority intends to use an Etendering System in this procurement exercise:
1. The Contracting Authority reserves the right to award the contract in whole, in part or annul the tendering process and not award any contract.
2. Bidders should note that they will be required to enter into terms and conditions of contract as set out in the ITT and that save for matters of clarification or consistency the Contracting Authority will not negotiate the terms.
3. The Contracting Authority will not accept completed PQQ’s after the stated closing date.
4. All documents to be priced (where applicable) in sterling and all payments made in sterling.
5. All tender costs and liabilities incurred by bidders shall be the sole responsibility of the bidders.
6. Prospective suppliers should note that NHS Shared Services Partnership — Procurement Services is acting on behalf of Velindre NHS Trust
7. The closing date of the ITT-44242 is Friday 14.11.2014.
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
Precise information on deadline(s) for lodging appeals: The Authority will allow a minimum 10 day calendar day standstill period between notifying the award decision and awarding the contract. Unsuccessful bidders and applicants are entitled to receive reasons for the decision, including the characteristics and relative advantages of the winning bid and the reasons why the bidder/applicant was unsuccessful. Should additional information be required it should be requested of the addressee in section 1.1. Aggrieved parties who have been harmed or are at risk of harm by breach of the procurement rules, have the right to take action in the High Court (England and Wales). Any such action is subject to strict time limits and must be brought promptly. for more information on how to appeal, and the relevant time limits, please see the following statement on the Authority’s website:www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk/service/terms
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: