Courier Services Tender Belfast
Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment.
UK-Belfast: Post and courier services
Section I: Contracting authority
Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment
29 Clarendon Road, Clarendon Dock
For the attention of: Julie-Ann Ferguson
BT1 3BG Belfast
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 4: Transport of mail by land  and by air
NUTS code UKN
Estimated value excluding VAT: 1 600 000 GBP
Description of these options: Initial three year contract with one annual option to extend.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Stage 1 – Selection
In order to pass the Selection stage, Tenderers must demonstrate they meet the following minimum standards of technical or professional ability.
Previous Relevant Experience (Pass/Fail)
Tenderers must clearly demonstrate previous relevant company experience using a maximum of two examples to demonstrate a track record within the last 3 years of;
1. operating and managing a corporate account(s) (either in the private or public sector)
for a service of similar size and scope involving business critical timescales;
2. the annual contract value for the example (or combination of both examples)
must be no less than GBP 500k.
In order to comply with this selection criterion, tenderers must provide details of
a. the Organisation who awarded the contract,
b. the date of award and expiry date,
c. a description of the range of services provided, and
d. annual value of the contract(s)
A point of contact must be provided for each Contract. The Client reserves the right to
verify this information at any stage.
If using two examples, Tenderers must provide the above details for each contract.
Quality Standard (Pass/Fail)
Tenders must provide a valid certificate which must be current at the date of submission
for the accreditation – ISO 9001:2008 (replaces ISO 9001:2000) or equivalent
external accreditation. Tenderers must include proposals as to maintaining this
validity throughout the duration of this contract.
Section IV: Procedure
Payable documents: no
CPD uses an electronic tendering system which is hosted by an external Contractor Bravo Solutions. Tenders cannot be accessed until after the closing date and time. The electronic tendering system will not permit the transmission of late tenders.
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: no
Section VI: Complementary information
1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once): Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender:
1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once): https://e-sourcingni.bravosolution.co.uk and click the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’ – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete – You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure);
2. Express an Interest in the tender – Login to the portal with the username/password – Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) – Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content. – Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page. – This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) – You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’ box;
3. Responding to the tender – Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining) – You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification – Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT – There may be a mixture of online & offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available) You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
Central Procurement Directorate
Clare House, 303 Airport Road West
BT3 9ED Belfast
Internet address: www.cpdni.gov.uk
The Public Contracts Regulations 2006 (SI 2006 No 5) provide for aggrieved parties who have been harmed or are at risk of harm by a breach of the rules to take action in the High Court (England, Wales and Northern Ireland).
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:25.1.2013