COVID-19 Community Support Services – London – Request for Quotation
The authority’s intention is to be able to offer a wide range of flexible and innovative shopping support and community engagement services that meet the needs and wishes of our adult disabled residents/with health needs and / or older residents during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Covid-19 Community Support Services
- Health and social work services – 85000000
- Social work and related services – 85300000
- Social work services – 85310000
Location of contract
Value of contract
30 March 2021
20 April 2021
Contract start date
17 May 2021
Contract end date
17 November 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Procurement is subject to the light-touch regime under Section 7 Social and Other Specific Services. Under Regulation 76 the Authority is free to establish a procedure, provided that procedure is sufficient to ensure compliance with the principles of transparency and equal treatment of economic operators (service providers).
The Council of the London Borough of Newham (“the Authority”) invites Application Forms from suitably qualified and experienced providers for the provision of shopping support and activity companions for adults with disabilities/ learning difficulties/ complex health needs and older residents. The Procurement will be a one stage process, with any interested organisation/consortium may submit a Bid in response to this RFQ. We welcome collaborations and partnerships organised within a lead provider model. In these cases the funding will be allocated per project, not per organisation.
The Authority’s intention is to be able to offer a wide range of flexible and innovative shopping support and community engagement services that meet the needs and wishes of our adult disabled residents/with health needs and / or older residents during the COVID-19 pandemic. The aim of the services is to support residents out of lockdown, particularly those who have been self-isolating for some time and may have lost confidence to go out and engage back in the community. This includes but is not limited to;
– Shopping support which could include help with access to hardware and software for online shopping, safely accompanying individuals to and around the shops, transport, help to pack away, etc.
– Support to participate in the Creating an Active Borough physical activities led by Public Health, to meet the priorities in the 50 Steps to a Healthier Newham Strategy; https://www.newham.gov.uk/health-adult-social-care/50-steps-healthier-newham/1.
In particular, we are looking for innovative but personalised services that meets the shopping and community engagement support needs of adults with disabilities/heath needs/older people.
The Provision will be divided into Lots:
Lot 1: Shopping Support
Lot 2: Activity Companions
Evaluation will be on 100% quality, with pricing submitted for information only.
The Authority is looking to award approximately 10 projects, subject to organisations meeting the minimum quality requirements. However, this may vary due to the number of bids received per Lot, proposed price and nature of the support being proposed. The total value for each project will be up to a maximum of £10,000. Proposals in excess of this amount will not be considered. Lower bids for more modest proposals are welcome.
- Additional text
- The Authority reserves the right to award more or less than 10 bids up to a total value across both Lots of £100,000 for a 6 month term
Suppliers are able to bid for more than one Lot, and may submit more than one application for a different service per Lot. If Suppliers want to bid for more than one project within Lot 1 or Lot 2, a separate application per project must be submitted.Contracts will commence from 17th May 2021 and subject to satisfactory performance shall operate for a period of six-months.The closing date for receipt of Application Forms is 12:00 Noon on Tuesday 20th April 2021
Application documents will be available, free of charge once opportunity notice is published and accessed through:
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
London Borough of Newham, 1000 Dockside
- Spot Purchasing of Activities For Adults With A Learning Disability
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding Framework – Soft Market Testing
- Soft Market Test for Family Support Services – Virtual Supplier Event 28 January 2021
- Building Based Day Services for Adults with Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs – London