Data Assurance Training Contract
Data Assurance Training for Leicester City Council.
Data Assurance Training (PAN0571)
Awarding body Leicester City Council
|Est. Start Date:||17/02/2014|
|Est. End Date:||31/03/2014|
Leicester City Council is looking for a Provider to deliver the following training:
Data Assurance Training for Leicester City Council
Leicester City Council uses a corporate system to manage its environmental impact and improve environmental performance. The system meets the requirements of the European Eco Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) and includes publication of a yearly Environmental Statement detailing performance against key indicators and progress towards targets. All facts and figures in the Statement must be validated by independent verifiers before publication.
The Environment Team prepares the Environmental Statement, gathering data and information from a number of Council services, checking it and in some cases using it to derive indicators e.g. the Council’s carbon footprint. Data providers include:
• Energy Team – gas, electricity and water use by Council buildings
• Fleet Management – fuel use and mileage
• Waste Management – household and Council waste tonnages, street cleanliness
• Pollution Team – air quality (nitrogen dioxide levels)
• Parks – fuel use
• Conservation – condition of Local Wildlife Sites
The draft Environmental Statement is audited by the Council’s Internal Audit service before the verifiers review it.
Verification of the management system and draft Environment Statement in 2012 and 2013 has highlighted weaknesses in Council systems for data assurance in both the services collecting and providing it and within the Environment Team. One of the root causes of this is believed to be a lack of understanding of good practices and safeguards that should be put in place at each stage of the data ‘journey’ from initial recording through to publication, around data assurance.
The Council would therefore like to commission a one-off training session to give key staff the knowledge and understanding to improve data management as set out below.
• A single training session is required of around 6 hours.
• The session should be delivered in Leicester, at a venue to be arranged and paid for by Leicester City Council. The Council will also arrange and pay for refreshments, and handle the training invitations, bookings and any other liaison with trainees before the event.
• The training provider will be expected to provide a programme and short synopsis of the course for circulation before the event, along with copies of slides or other supporting information for circulation during or afterwards.
• The training must be delivered, and invoice submitted, before the end of the 2013/14 financial year.
• The provider must have demonstrable competence* and track record in delivering effective training, combined with knowledge and expertise in environmental data management and assurance and standards.
Please complete the quotation form (link to the document is below) and return to email@example.com in order to be considered for this work.
Only quotations on the form below will be accepted. However, any supporting documents will be considered.
This should be returned by 9.00am on 11/02/2014 at the very latest.
Organisations are asked to regularly check this opportunity on Source Leicestershire for any updates. Any advertised opportunity might be updated or removed at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Applicants should note that due to the technicality of the software package being used to create this advert, this Opportunity will become “invisible” at midnight, 10th February 2014. Applicants are therefore requested to save all documentation relating to this Opportunity locally.
These documents are for information only. Please follow instructions for registration and receipt of full tender/quotation documentation.
|Contract Type||One off|
|Estimated ValueText Description|
|Category||Training & Conferences, Environmental Services,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
Leicester City Council
Lisa Brownbridge – 0116 454 4033
New Walk Centre,
Leicester LE1 6ZG