Data Cabling Services Taunton – Invitation to Tender
To supply and install Commscope structured cabling infrastructure.
United Kingdom-Taunton: Network cabling
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Musgrove Park Hospital
Contact person: Mr Iain Copeland
NUTS code: UKK23
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
Provision of Data Cabling Services
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
The Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust (the “Authority”) is issuing this Invitation to Tender (“ITT”) in connection with the competitive procurement of data cabling services.
For further details and to respond to this requirement, please visit the ProContract e-tendering portal:
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
To supply and install Commscope structured cabling infrastructure to provide a flexible basis for the provision of voice, data, video and other services to users; the performance of the cabling must provide the following:
1) Be based on internationally recognised standards for design, performance and component type and quality;
2) Provide full flexibility of workstation location and support concentration of workstation or networked services;
3) Support a wide range of current and future data and voice communications techniques with any outlet being able to be used for any service type;
4) Facilitate the rapid, cost effective relocation of users, regardless of their communications requirements;
5) Be manageable and fully documented;
6) Have a minimum 25 years life, warranted by the manufacturer.
All systems and equipment shall be installed by the trust pre-approved data cabling installer who shall be an accredited CommScope Premier and Authorised Integrator/Installer. All installation work shall be covered by a CommScope 25 year warranty.
Test and commissioning of all components of the structured cabling system are essential.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
Initial contract period of 3 years (with the option to extend for 2 x 12 months).
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.1)Previous publication concerning this procedure
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.7)Conditions for opening of tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Musgrove Park Hospital
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: