Database Development Tender Peterborough
IS requirements are: 1. It is Citrix certified for deployment through thin clients or is a SaaS (software as a service) solution. 2. Interfaces will be delivered through SAP PI as the preferred approach but alternatives will be considered. a. It can interface to SAP for invoicing of customers.
United Kingdom-Peterborough: Database services
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Anglian Water Services
Supply Chain Management, Thorpe Wood House, Thorpe Wood
For the attention of: Paul Swainston
PE3 6WT Peterborough
General address of the contracting entity: www.anglianwater.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 7: Computer and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: water recycling business unit of Anglian Water Services.
NUTS code UKH
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 10
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT
Range: between 500 000 and 1 000 000 GBP
1. The Sludge (Use in Agriculture Regulations) 1989 and subsequent amendments;
2. Nitrate Vulnerable Zone (NVZ) regulations (These implement the Nitrate Pollution Prevention Regulations 2008);
3. Code of practice for the Agricultural utilisation of sewage sludge (Issued by HMSO);
4. DEFRA (Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) code of good Agricultural practice for Air, Soil, Water (now combined);
5. The Waste Management Licencing Regulations (in respect of Mobile plant permits/deployment and transport);
6. The Biosolids Quality Assurance scheme;
7. The ADAS Safe Sludge Matrix (ADAS is an Environmental Consultancy who work closely with HM Govt);
8. The ADAS Nutrient Management Matrix;
9. ADAS RB209 (Fertiliser planning manual, Current Edition);
And the Core requirements for the product are:
1. It can act as AW’s Statutory Database for all biosolids movements biosolids and waste related applications to both agriculture and land reclamation.
2. It can allow the stockpiling of Biosolids
3. It can demonstrate the benefits of Biosolids application
4. It can perform Trial applications (modelling of Nutrient and PTE additions) for a range of wastes including co-composted biosolids and greenwaste, water treatment works iron sludge and biosolids.
5. It can generate delivery and application permits
6. It can generate both Regulatory and Non Regulatory adhoc reports
7. It can interface with the Biosolids Sales Team Easy Information Management system and interface to an SQL data base.
8. It can generate Letters, Permits, Benefit Statements, Reports and Nutrient Management plans for both end user customers and regulatory requirements.
9. It can generate and populate information on Waste Transfer Notes.
10. It can warn automatically of potential non conformities with compliance in relation to the regulations and codes of practice detailed above prior to deliveries/applications taking place.
IS requirements are:
1. It is Citrix certified for deployment through thin clients or is a SaaS (software as a service) solution.
2. Interfaces will be delivered through SAP PI as the preferred approach but alternatives will be considered.
a. It can interface to SAP for invoicing of customers.
b. It can interface with AW’s GIS system (Intergraph), however if SaaS other GIS systems would be considered.
c. It can interface to AW laboratory results information, AW have an internally developed quality data warehouse (QDW).
3. If a Cloud solution:
a. it is compatible with internet explorer (IE8). AW plan to rollout Google chrome in the near future;
b. data and support are within the European border in line with Data protection requirements;
c. data is encrypted on transfer.
4. Data can be migrated from the existing system (Oracle 10 database)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: To be defined at bid stage.
Section IV: Procedure
Some candidates have already been selected (if appropriate under certain types of negotiated procedures): no
Payable documents: no
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: no
Section VI: Complementary information
1. Company name and registration number of the bidding entity.
2. If part of a group , name of their parent company.
3. Confirmation that their company can meet the requirements stated in the desription as a minimum.
4. E-mail address of the person responsible for expressing interest.
Body responsible for mediation procedures
Anglian Water Services
Thorpe Wood House, Thorpe Wood
PE3 6WT Peterborough