Delivery of a Service to Support Rough Sleepers
- Bury Council is seeking to appoint a suitable organisation to provide an effective service to support Rough Sleepers in the Borough and reduce the numbers of Rough Sleepers to zero (0).
- Bury Council
- Delivery of a Service to Support Rough Sleepers
- Bury Council is seeking to appoint a suitable organisation to provide an effective service to support Rough Sleepers in the Borough and reduce the numbers of Rough Sleepers to zero (0). The successful bidder will be able to demonstrate that they can:
· Reduce Rough Sleeping in Bury to Zero by 2012 and nobody arriving on the streets for the first night will sleep out for more than one night.
· Break the cycle of homelessness for repeat rough sleepers
· Develop effective referral pathways for rough sleepers to access housing services.
· Develop strong relationships with partner agencies to widen involvement to reduce rough sleeping
· Emergency food provision where benefits have been delayed
· Explore opportunities for individual rough sleepers to develop skills for employment and training
· Provide points of contact for rough sleepers throughout the borough
· Deliver quality housing support for all rough sleepers to access accommodation
· Identify and address barriers to accommodation for rough sleepers, to break existing/potential cycles of rough sleeping
· Assess suitability of and effectiveness of healthcare provision for rough sleepers.
· Act as advocates for rough sleepers in accessing services
· Promote holistically independent living skills for rough sleepers
· Improve the quality of data with regard to the rough sleeper’s population in Bury; to analyse gaps, needs and trends thus improving the level of intelligence in relation to this group and their lifestyles.
· Work with educational establishments such as schools and colleges with a view to preventing rough sleeping and homelessness.
The contract is for the period 1
st June 2012 to 31
st March 2013 with an option to extend the contract for a further twelve months
- Mr Ahmed Ajmi
- Email Address:
- 0161 253 5451
- Town Hall
- 12/03/2012 17:00
- 30/03/2012 17:00
- 10 (months)
- 12 (months)