Delivery of Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work – Salford
‘Step Up to Social Work’ is a DfE funded initiative with 6 cohorts of trainees having been taken through the programme at MA level.
The Greater Manchester Regional Partnership for Step Up to Social Work was formed in 2009/10 when a pilot initiative was announced – originally by the Childrens Workforce Development Council and since March 2011, the Department for Education (DfE). The partnership is made up of a number of Local Authorities in the Greater Manchester region. For Cohort 7, the partner authorities are Salford, Bury, Bolton, Manchester, Stockport, Wigan, Trafford, Tameside, Rochdale and Oldham. Salford City Council acts as Lead Agency for the partnership.
‘Step Up to Social Work’ is a DfE funded initiative with 6 cohorts of trainees having been taken through the programme at MA level. Cohort 7 will be delivered in 14 months, beginning January 2022, and will be delivered at Postgraduate Diploma level. However we anticipate the successful Higher Education Institution (HEI) will offer a self-funding pathway through to MA level on successful completion of the programme, should trainees wish to progress.
There will be an option to extend this contract for delivery of a further cohort (cohort 8) of the Step Up to Social Work programme.
This will be subject to the following conditions;
– The continuing existence of the Regional Partnership for the Step Up to Social Work programme
– Announcement by the Department for Education (DfE) of further Cohorts to the Step Up to Social Work programme
– The Regional Partnership successfully securing funding from the DfE for further Cohorts to the Step Up to Social Work programme
– Successful delivery of Cohort 7 by the successful Higher Education Institution
– Satisfactory performance and quality levels achieved for Cohort 7 by the successful Higher Education Institution
Estimated contract dates
Expression of interest window
From 04/03/2021 12:00 to 06/04/2021 17:00