Delivery of Special Educational Needs and Disability Services in Local Areas
The Department for Education plans to run a pre-market engagement event to help shape the provision requirements.
United Kingdom-London: Training services
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Postal address: Sanctuary Buildings, 20, Great Smith Street
NUTS code: UK UNITED KINGDOM
Postal code: SW1P 3BT
Country: United Kingdom
Contact person: Adam Green
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
Targeted Support for Delivery of Special Educational Needs and Disability Services in Local Areas
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
The services will provide targeted support to local areas to improve their SEND provision and will include:
Expert professional advice to understand issues, make recommendations, assist with development of the area’s improvement plan and deliver timely and relevant support to help them implement that plan local, regional or national training/development programmes and bespoke support packages to:
• improve multi-agency delivery of SEND reforms at local level including developing integrated service provision across education, health and care;
• enable local areas to strengthen strategic leadership and governance of their SEND services;
• increase capability of operational SEND leaders and senior leaders with responsibility for SEND;
• support local areas to improve their strategic role in driving improvement in educational provision for children and young people with SEND.
Development of sector-led support to facilitate peer to peer learning and enable innovation and the development, di
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
The potential competition is expected to commence in October 2020 for the provision which is due to run for up to 3 years from April 2021.
The Department plans to run a pre-market engagement event to help shape the provision requirements. In light of the current COVID-19 outbreak information on how this event will run will be provided at a later date.
We wish to test market views on areas such as:
• Whether you believe you have the capacity to successfully manage this potential opportunity?
• Whether you believe you have the expertise to successfully manage this potential opportunity?
• Whether you have any other provision/ contracts/grants with any other government department?
• Your thoughts on potentially submitting upcoming tender responses, being awarded and managing future SEND provisions within DfE?
• Would you expect to submit a tender as a Single supplier, consortium, framework, lots, managed service or any other appropriate vehicle?
• Whether you feel there are any issues or challenges with expressing an interest in any upcoming opportunities?
• How you would see your business model working with the proposed tending opportunity?
• What do you believe are the main cost pressures if this provision/ opportunity for managing this?
• Whether you feel the estimated costings given are sufficient/ too low/ too high to manage the potential provision accordingly?
• With the DfE and all government departments driving for continual efficiencies, forward looking challenges/risks and delivering savings, do you feel these requirements are achievable?
II.3)Estimated date of publication of contract notice:
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: