Delivery of Who Dares Grows Courses – South West England
To provide volunteering, skills development and work experience in environment friendly activities.
Who Dares Works – Who Dares Grows – Work Related Activity
Active Plus Community Interest Company
- Agricultural, farming, fishing, forestry and related products – 03000000
- Agricultural, forestry, horticultural, aquacultural and apicultural services – 77000000
- Education and training services – 80000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
23 June 2021
26 July 2021
Contract start date
9 August 2021
Contract end date
30 December 2022
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Who Dares Works is a project funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund. It is led and managed by Active Plus Community Interest Company and delivered by a partnership of 17 social enterprises.
The aim of Who Dares Works is to help and inspire people aged 18 and over who are not working, who live in West Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly and who have a range of needs or barriers to overcome, to reconnect with education, training and work. The project runs to June 2023, with delivery coming to a close from December 2022.
Active Plus is seeking delivery of Who Dares Grows courses that provide work-related activity, including volunteering, skills development and work experience in environment friendly activities.
• recycling, upcycling and re-use activity;
• the use of the natural environment to improve health and wellbeing;
• building skills and work readiness through creating campaigns and activities to highlight and tackle environmental concerns
• Garden/growing projects
Responses can cover one or more of these strands.
• Courses to run for 10 consecutive days for a minimum of 5 hours per day
• Courses to accommodate between 6 and 15 participants
• Delivery to take place in the West Cornwall Local Action Group in community-based settings that are accessible
• Delivery to be undertaken by professionals already working in horticulture, volunteering or the environmental industry
• Participants to receive a certificate of completion and support to reflect their new skills/experience on their CVs
Contract value: The minimum value will be £25,000. The contract will be let on a fixed price-per-course basis. Courses that are scheduled but do not have sufficient participants scheduled to attend will be cancelled without payment. A full breakdown of costs is asked for in the application form so that Active Plus can ensure that all costs are eligible and that delivery provides value for money.
Contracts will have an end date no later than December 2022.
Active Plus reserves the right to make offers to successful partners that may be less than the volume of delivery they are seeking funding for.
How to Apply:
• For a tender information pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please include ‘Who Dares Works Tender APWDW06’ in the heading of your email. Failure to do so may result in tender packs not being issued.
• Please also include the name of your organisation and the contact details for the lead responsible person
- Who Dares Works Tender APWDW06 ITT – Who Dares Grows.pdf
- Tender Notice
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Health & Wellbeing Innovation Centre