Design and Deliver Bespoke Leadership Training Programmes
This opportunity relates to grant funding which will be provided to deliver 3-year pilot programmes up to a maximum value of £250k per annum per programme.
Exemplary Leadership Programme
Department for Education
- Education and training services – 80000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
08 June 2020
06 July 2020
Contract start date
01 September 2020
Contract end date
31 July 2023
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Department for Education (DfE) is looking to engage a minimum of two Outstanding schools to design and deliver bespoke leadership training programmes. Successful grant applications will reflect a knowledge-rich curriculum, direct instruction and a strong focus on behaviour management.
This opportunity relates to grant funding which will be provided to deliver 3-year pilot programmes up to a maximum value of £250k per annum per programme, subject to continued government funding and successful annual delivery.
This competitive grant process aims to secure a minimum of two Outstanding schools to act as providers of new ‘Exemplary Leadership Programmes’ (ELPs). They will:
– Devise and deliver a training and development programme for other school leaders based on their schools’ approach to education, grounded in a knowledge-rich curriculum, high expectations for all pupils, direct instruction and strong behaviour management;
– Target this offer at schools and leaders who are most likely to benefit from such training and development, based on a willingness to embrace different methods and also by aligning with other departmental initiatives ;
– Operate in such a way that we are able to clearly monitor the impact of the programme on the behaviour of participants and the impacts on pupils in their schools;
– Show a clear plan for future financial sustainability; and,
– Share learning with the department to enable us to adjust our wider leadership offer in the future, based on the evidence gathered during the programme.
These programmes will work as pilots, to determine the extent to which the success of the schools who have adopted this approach is replicable in other schools.
About the buyer
Department for Education, Agora Building, Cumberland Place
Slides and a Q&A document from an early market engagement event, held on Tuesday 12 May 2020 are attached for information.
This grant competition is accessible via the DfE’s e-tendering portal, Jaggaer. Links to the site and related guidance can be found via the following link:
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.