Design and Production of the BBC Countryfile Calendar
The purpose of this tender is to identify a supplier for the design and production of the Countryfile Calendar.
BBC Countryfile Calendar for Children in Need
The British Broadcasting Corporation
- Miscellaneous business and business-related services – 79900000
Location of contract
Value of contract
10 March 2021
8 April 2021
Contract start date
4 May 2021
Contract end date
3 May 2025
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Each series Countryfile runs a photographic competition for its viewers, the prize being a place in the Countryfile Calendar. The schedule for the competition is detailed below.
– A previously agreed proportion of the proceeds are donated directly to BBC Children in Need. In the region of 670,000 calendars were sold in 2020, raising in excess of £3 million for BBC Children in Need
– The Countryfile Calendar front cover has the photograph from the year’s winning entrant, followed by a 13-month calendar year with each month having a winner’s photograph, along with a smaller box for a runner up photograph as well as the calendar for that month.
– The back cover of the calendar has a message from the year’s judges.
– The purpose of this tender is to identify a supplier for the design and production of the Countryfile Calendar, to work in partnership, to implement and supply all aspects involved in management and production of said Calendar from concept to completion.
– The BBC and Children in Need expect the numbers of calendars to be sold in 2021 to approach 600,000 copies and for these numbers to be consistent across the contract term (including the optional extensions). However, this number cannot be guaranteed, and the winning Tenderer must accept any financial risk of those numbers being different.
This contract has an initial term of 3 (three) years with one extension of a further 12 (twelve) months.
- Tender Notice
- BBC eSourcing
- Additional text
- Please register your interest in this project by taking the following steps: 1 – Register your company on the BravoSolution e-Tendering portal (this is only required once): 1.1 Go to https://bbc.bravosolution.co.uk 1.2 – Click the link on the login page to register. 1.3 Accept the terms and conditions and click 'Continue'. 1.4 – Enter your correct business and user details. 1.5 – Note the username you chose and click 'Save' when complete. 1.6 – You will shortly receive an email with your temporary password. 2 – Express an interest in the tender: 2.1 – Login to the portal with the username/password. 2.2 – Click the 'PQQs/ITTs Open to all Suppliers' link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier). 2.3 – Click on the relevant PQQ/ITT to access the content. 2.4 – Click the 'Express Interest' button at the top of the page. This will move the PQQ/ITT into your 'My PQQs/My ITTs page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only. 2.5 – You can now access any attachments by clicking 'Buyer Attachments' in the 'PQQ/ITT Details' box. 3. Responding to the tender: 3.1 – Click 'My Response' under PQQ/ITT Details', you can choose to 'Create Response' or to 'Decline to Respond' (please give a reason if declining). 3.2 – You can now use the 'Messages' function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification. 3.3 – Note the deadline for completion, and then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ITT. There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available). 3.4 You must then submit your reply using the 'Submit Response' button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance, please consult the online help, or contact the Bravo e-Tendering help desk.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Broadcasting House, Portland Place