We require a supplier who can offer support to LAs in restoring or improving childcare sufficiency in their local areas through a mixed package of tailored support to diagnose sufficiency issues and assist LAs in implementing and embedding sustainable improvements.
Local Authority Childcare Sufficiency Support Contract
Department for Education
- Pre-school education services – 80110000
Location of contract
Value of contract
2 November 2022
2 December 2022
Contract start date
25 January 2023
Contract end date
31 March 2025
Open procedure (above threshold)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The DfE is seeking to procure expert professional services support (including peer support) for local authorities (LAs) to fulfil their statutory sufficiency duties. The proposed support will be delivered in the Financial Years 2022-25 and will relate to delivery of sufficient childcare and early education places for children aged 0-14, or up to 18, where applicable.
We require a supplier who can offer support to LAs in restoring or improving childcare sufficiency in their local areas through a mixed package of tailored support to diagnose sufficiency issues and assist LAs in implementing and embedding sustainable improvements. We envisage this would be delivered by:
1. Providing reactive support and challenge to LAs identified as failing (or at imminent risk of failing) in their duty to secure sufficient childcare for parents to work or participate in education or training, and for children eligible for the early education entitlements.
2. Providing proactive preventative and improvement support and challenge to LAs to facilitate the maintenance or improvement of local childcare sufficiency.
3. Where appropriate, administering discrete projeejct funding to support LAs to implement recommendations made during the reactive or proactive support activity at 1 and 2 above where available finances are evidencable as a barrier to achieving the desired outcome.
4. Providing an overarching project management function to enable 1, 2 and 3 above. This will include organisation of contract management activity including reporting and engaging with DfE, and evaluating support activity and funding outcomes.
Previous notice about this procurement
- Future opportunity
- Published 30 September 2022
- Additional text
- This Open procurement in accordance with Regulation 27 of PCR 2015 is being conducted electronically via Jaggaer e-tendering portal. No hard copy documents will be issued; all communications with DfE are to be raised via the portal.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Sanctuary Buildings, Great Smith Street