Digital Experience Platform – Market Engagement
The authority are seeking a supplier to help us build and implement a new Digital Experience Platform, including a public website, content management system, digital asset management system, and workflow tools.
United Kingdom-Maidstone: Software programming and consultancy services
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Postal address: The Godlands, Straw Mill Hill, Tovil
NUTS code: UK UNITED KINGDOM
Postal code: ME15 6XB
Country: United Kingdom
Contact person: Mrs Sally Conquest
Telephone: +44 1622692121
Main address: http://www.kent.fire-uk.org/
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.kent.fire-uk.org/
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
C19070 — Digital Experience Platform
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
The authority are seeking a supplier to help us build and implement a new Digital Experience Platform (DXP), including a public website, content management system, digital asset management system, and workflow tools.
The intended contract will be for a initial five year term, with 2 potential 12 month extensions.
The intended release date for the live tender is the 18 January 2021.
As such, the authority is seeking Expressions of Interest at this stage, with early engagement from the market on our draft requirements.
The draft requirements and contract documentation shall be published to all interested parties w/e 11 December. It should be noted that the authority are not looking to materially change the terms and conditions, nor the content of the requirements, and interested parties should feedback to the Authority on any particular concerns regarding the markets general ability to meet any particular elements.
All clarifications and feedback should be provided via www.kentbusinessportal.org messaging facility.
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
The authority’s current web Content Management System (CMS), used to generate the KFRS public website, does not meet our current requirements. In addition, due to changes in technology since its original procurement, there are now stricter requirements from HM Government for accessibility of information presented on the internet which affects new and existing public sector websites since September 2018 (Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018).
The proposal is therefore to procure a Digital Experience Platform (DXP) which centralises and streamlines a number of currently separate tools and function, providing the flexibility for the Authority to adapt to new and emerging technologies.
Discovery, user engagement, system design, build and implementation of an open-source DXP, and related development and test environments. The open source DXP will include:
• a unified Workflow Management (WFM) tool for content production, scheduling and retention and review that integrates with the other components below;
• a headless or headless-hybrid content management system (CMS) able to push content via APIs to a new public-facing website and social media platforms with scope to adapt to new and emerging channels as they become available and viable;
• a new, mobile-friendly, public-facing website at https://www.kent.fire-uk.org that meets WCAG 2.1 AAstandard for accessibility, as well as The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) Accessibility Regulations 2018 and HM Government Digital Service recommendations for designing for accessibility;
• a GDPR-compliant Digital Asset Management (DAM) system that integrates with the CMS and workflow tools continuous improvement and pro-active Supplier engagement throughout the term of the contract to deliver innovation and efficiencies.
Ongoing support and maintenance for the solution.
Out of scope
• intranet site and any related content management tool;
• migration and/or management, or creation of any content/transactions for the new solution, other than those detailed within the requirements;
• a payment platform is not required.
II.3)Estimated date of publication of contract notice:
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: