Digital Mental Health and Wellbeing Services – Market Testing Exercise
The services will provide online therapeutic interventions to children and young people up to the age of 25 as well as parents and carers.
United Kingdom-Derby: Health services
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
National registration number: na
Postal address: Cardinal Square 1st Floor, 10 Nottingham Road
NUTS code: UKF1 Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire
Postal code: DE1 3QT
Country: United Kingdom
Contact person: Thomas Greenwood
Telephone: +44 7464907983
Address of the buyer profile: https://uk.eu-supply.com/ctm/Company/CompanyInformation/Index/68205
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
Expression of Interest for Digital Mental Health and Wellbeing Services
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
NHS Arden and Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit (NHS Arden and GEM CSU) on behalf of NHS Derby and Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group are inviting expressions of interest from suitably qualified providers capable of delivering digital mental health and wellbeing services.
The services will provide online therapeutic interventions to children and young people up to the age of 25 as well as parents and carers. Interventions may take the form of 1 to 1 short term therapeutic approaches or short term supportive conversations, group sessions or alternative provision. As well as direct intervention, the services may offer alternative forms of support be it through online forums, articles or other alternatives.
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
Derby and Derbyshire.
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
The aims of the digital mental health and wellbeing services are to:
• provide evidenced based online support to people facing mild to moderate mental health concerns;
• support and enhance the existing mental health pathway and services in Derby and Derbyshire by providing a service to which people can be seamlessly stepped up/down depending on individual need;
• increase the accessibility of mental health support in Derby and Derbyshire, ensuring that no one feels unable to access services
• Provide out of hours mental health support.
The expected service outcomes will include:
• high levels of user satisfaction;
• measurable positive service outcomes to mental health and wellbeing;
• near instant access to online professional support;
• increased levels of access for mental health support for children, young people, parents and carers in Derby and Derbyshire;
• maintain online support in Derby and Derbyshire for children, young people, parents and carers’ mental health and wellbeing.
The expected strategic outcomes will include:
• helping to facilitate joined up and seamless care for mental health and wellbeing;
• a reduction of people requiring higher tier specialist support for their mental health owing to the increased availability of early intervention, preventative services.
The aim of this expression of interest is to:
1) allow the market visibility of the proposed opportunity;
2) to inform the CCG’s decision making process for the future commissioning of digital services for children, young people, parents and carers;
3) to help refine the future commissioning and procurement approach; and
4) to gauge the level of interest from the market of capable providers with capacity to deliver maintain and strengthen services across Derbyshire as illustrated above.
If you wish to express an interest please register on the EU Supply Portal.
The EU supply link is https://uk.eu-supply.com/login.asp?B=UK ref ID No 41469
Once registered please complete the questions which asks providers to give details about your organisation’s name and postal address, email address, contact name and number along with your capability and experience of delivering a similar service to the one summarised above.
Bidders who have expressed an interest in this market testing exercise will have the opportunity to submit a separate response to the contract notice as applicable.
The deadline for expressions of interest responses is by 12 p.m. (noon) on 12 October 2020.
Please note this is a market testing exercise and does not commit the CCG to carry out a procurement process. Current services will remain in place during this period in line with existing contracts and service level agreements.
II.3)Estimated date of publication of contract notice:
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: