Digital Testing Services for the BBC
The BBC requires a single supplier of deliverables and/or services to deliver and support the testing of digital products/applications/services (‘Digital Products’), or parts thereof, owned by or licensed to the BBC and, where applicable, its affiliates.
United Kingdom-London: IT services: consulting, software development, Internet and support
Section I: Contracting authority
The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)
Broadcasting House, Portland Place
For the attention of: Amanda Burns
W1A 1AA London
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.bbc.co.uk/supplying/
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: BBC
Internet address: https://bbc.bravosolution.co.uk
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 7: Computer and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: BBC sites – please refer to a full list of relevant sites contained within the Simplified PQQ document.
NUTS code UK
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 2
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 15 000 000 and 25 000 000 GBP
The Digital Products will include applications and websites that run on digital and broadcast platforms, for example desktop computers; mobile devices; the cloud; integrated digital TV; internet protocol TV; terrestrial, cable, satellite TV; and the web, in any combination and/or stages of their product development. Devices may be provided by the BBC and/or the supplier and may be located at BBC premises and/or the supplier’s premises and/or third party premises.
Testing will include functional testing, non-functional testing and test management; manual/exploratory/automated modes of acceptance/integration/load/unit testing; test design/delivery/analysis; project and programme management; and associated services.
The BBC expects testing to take place on-site at any of the BBC’s premises and/or at the supplier’s premises and/or at third party premises in the UK or a combination of the UK and abroad. The supplier’s testing staff will be required to be suitably trained in order to be capable of being deployed flexibly at short notice and on-demand into BBC testing projects and BBC testing teams including multi-geographically located, cross-functional project teams.
The services must meet all applicable BBC policies and guidelines, found at this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/ and, additionally, as may be advised by the BBC.
The total estimated contract value over the possible framework term of four years ranges between 15 000 000 GBP and 25 000 000 GBP. The BBC estimates that the annual pro-rata contract value will be at the low end of this range, particularly during the early stages of the framework term. A higher upper limit has been provided to ensure increases in contract values can occur if the need arises.
72000000, 72212985, 72200000, 72212984, 72400000, 72254000, 72226000, 72500000, 72254100, 72225000
Description of these options: Up to 2 successive 12 month extension periods (at the BBC’s sole discretion).
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
1. You should first go to the BravoSolution eTendering portal at the following link: https://www.bbc.bravosolution.co.uk.
2. Once in the BravoSolution portal you have 2 possible options:
a) Without having to register you can select ‘View tender opportunities’ and click on ‘Current Opportunities’ to view a summary of this project. If you would then like to formally express an interest and view the documentation you should follow the instructions in b) below.
b) Register your company (if not already registered) by clicking on the ‘Register’ button (this is only required once). Next, you should accept the terms and conditions and click continue.
– Enter your correct business and user details.
– Note the username you chose and click Save when complete.
– You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure). You can now formally express an interest in this tender.
3. Express an Interest in the tender:
– Login to the portal with the username/password.
– Click the PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers link. (These are Pre- Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier.)
– Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content.
– Click the Express Interest button in the Actions box on the left-hand side of the page.
– This will move the PQQ /ITT into your My PQQs/ My ITTs page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only.)
– You can now access any attachments by clicking the Settings and Buyer Attachments in the Actions box.
4. Responding to the tender:
– You can now choose to Reply or Decline to Respond (please give a reason if rejecting).
– You can now use the Messages function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification.
– Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT.
– There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available). You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button in the Actions box on the left-hand side of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk(contact details can be found at https://bbc.bravosolution.co.uk).
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Please see the Prequalification Questionnaire for details on minimum levels required.
The BBC will evaluate technical ability/financial standing of the bidders in accordance with Articles 45 to 52 of Directive 2004/18/EC and Regulations 23 to 25 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2006 (as amended), and a detailed explanation of the evaluation methodology and minimum criteria to be satisfied are set out in the Simplified PQQ document.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Please see the Prequalification Questionnaire for details on minimum levels required.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: The BBC will evaluate technical ability/financial standing of the bidders in accordance with Articles 45 to 52 of Directive 2004/18/EC and Regulations 23 to 25 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2006 (as amended), and a detailed explanation of the evaluation methodology and minimum criteria to be satisfied are set out in the Simplified PQQ document.
Section VI: Complementary information
In the case of technology requirements, the BBC may involve its technology partner (Atos IT Solutions and Services Limited) to assist in the scoping and drafting of invitations to tender and/or the evaluation of tenders. However, the final decision as to which is the most economically advantageous (by reference to the award criteria) will be made by the BBC. The awarding authority reserves the right not to award a contract and to annul the procurement process at any stage. Tenders and all supporting documents must be priced in sterling and all payments will be made in sterling. The contract shall be subject to English law. The awarding authority does not bind itself to accept the lowest, or any tender and reserves the right to accept part of a tender unless the tenderer expressly stipulates otherwise in the tender document. To prevent BBC eTendering portal email alerts from being quarantined by your organisation’s fire wall or spam filter, you are advised to instruct your IT team to accept all emails with a .BravoSolution.co.uk extension (our portal provider) or from firstname.lastname@example.org. If Section II.1.9 shows ‘Yes’, variants will be accepted provided they meet the core requirements of the project.