Digital Trade Network Grant Programme – Department for International Trade
The Department for International Trade is seeking to award grant funding for a requirement to create a new in-market international tech network.
Digital Trade Network Grant Programme
Department for International Trade
- Miscellaneous business and business-related services – 79900000
Location of contract
Value of contract
8 February 2021
3 March 2021
Contract start date
5 April 2021
Contract end date
31 March 2023
Other: Grant Funding
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Department for International Trade (“DIT”) is seeking to award grant funding for a requirement to create a new in-market international tech network, adding an extra layer of support to UK digital tech companies seeking to scale through international expansion. This will support:
– Companies looking to expand into the markets covered by the network whether to form partnerships with local established companies or to set up new sales offices.
– Companies seeking investment and willing to be showcased and connected to regional investors.
– Companies seeking talent from the region through the UK visa system (particularly the Tech Nation Visa) to work in the UK
In at least one country of each of the three sub-regions within Asia Pacific (i.e. NE Asia, SE Asia, Australia and New Zealand), the Grant Recipient will place and manage at least one experienced entrepreneurial Country Manager based in co-working spaces providing the bridge between scaling tech companies in the UK and the regional ecosystems. At a minimum, we expect Country Managers to be located in Japan, Singapore and Australia. The aim is to accelerate UK scaling tech businesses’ access to capital; to customers; and to talent in these markets.
The In-Market Tech Entrepreneur Network should deliver against government priorities of increasing productivity and growth across the UK, including by:
– Supporting UK businesses to grow internationally in a sustainable way
– Driving international trade, attracting investment
– Growing an economy that is creative, innovative and works for everyone
– Ensuring the UK remains a leading destination for international investment and maintains its number one position for international investment stock in Europe
The full specification is provided with the tender and grant documents located in DIT's e-sourcing portal, Jaggaer.
The grant funding shall be for a period of twenty-four (24) months.
DIT is using e-tendering for this procurement which means this Invitation To Bid (ITB) and the forms for submitting a response are only available in electronic form which can be accessed via your web browser at: https://uktrade.app.jaggaer.com/.
Bidders should read all the instructions and documents thoroughly and follow the defined processes to comply with our requirements.
- Tender Notice
- Link to eSourcing Portal
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
3 Whitehall Place