Establish the system functionality required in order to build a fit for purpose digital National Menu Bank for the NHS.
Discovery phase for the development of a national menu bank
- Health services – 85100000
Location of contract
Value of contract
4 October 2022
17 October 2022
Contract start date
27 October 2022
Contract end date
31 March 2023
Open procedure (below threshold)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Authority is looking for a supplier for the provision of a discovery scope of work to:
• establish the system functionality required in order to build a fit for purpose digital National Menu Bank for the NHS, contract suppliers and Social Care that users can successfully access, download content and engage with the host platform;
• design and implement a succinct stakeholder/user engagement plan, liaising with the programme team at NHS England, which takes account of the different audience groups, requirements, user interaction and identifying which aspects of the National Menu Bank will be of value for each group. A summary of findings will be a key part of the discovery report using GDS Digital Service Standard compliant mapping;
• detail in the report, the specification required for the build of the digital National Menu Bank, which includes the interface with both digital patient ordering systems in use across the NHS and the nutritional analysis software used by NHS England, drawing on knowledge of comparable platforms; and
• report using knowledge of data protection/GDPR on data capture to measure the impact of the National Menu Bank, including the number of recipe downloads, visits to the platform and the number of meals ordered from the recipes downloaded from the National Menu Bank using the interface with the digital patient ordering systems.
A full description of the requirement can be found in the ITQ document once suppliers have registered their interest.
Please note: the budget for this work is £18,000 exclusive of VAT.
Interested suppliers should register on the NHS England e-procurement system here: https://health-family.force.com/login
• Once logged in click ‘Find Opportunities’ and search for ‘Discovery phase for the development of a national menu bank’
• Click ‘Register Interest’
• Once you have registered your interest you will be able to view the Requirements and submit a response to the questions within the portal.
• Any messages about the opportunity should be sent via the e-procurement system. You can do this by going to the home page and:
o Click on ‘My proposals & Quotes’
o Click the relevant Project Title
o Click ‘Messages’ & ‘New Message’
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer