Distance Learning Materials and Services Tender
North East Scotland College is seeking a partner to develop and market a range of high quality work-based learning opportunities to employers and individuals.
United Kingdom-Aberdeen: Education and training services
Section I: Contracting authority
North East Scotland College
Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate
Contact point(s): Depute Principal
For the attention of: Paul Sherrington
AB25 1BN Aberdeen
Telephone: +44 3003305550
Fax: +44 1224612001
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.nescol.ac.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00438
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: North East Scotland College
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Colin Brodie
AB25 1BN Aberdeen
Telephone: +44 3003305550
Fax: +44 1224612001
Internet address: http://www.nescol.ac.uk
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 24: Education and vocational education services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: UK.
NUTS code UKM5
North East Scotland College is seeking a partner to develop and market a range of high quality work-based learning opportunities to employers and individuals. The successful tenderer would work with the college to identify training needs across agreed industry sectors, develop flexible learning materials to meet that need, and market and administer resulting learning opportunities.
The College currently offers a range of blended learning courses delivered to businesses and organisations in the North East of Scotland and Central Scotland areas. We offer courses in subject areas such as Customer Care, Health & Social Care, Health & Safety, Management and Professional Development with enrolments totalling approximately 4,000 in an academic year.
The courses on offer are short 12-14 week programmes which involve learners undertaking distance learning but with tutor support. The tutor support takes the form of induction with a learner and then progress meetings with the learner, within the workplace, on two or three occasions during the 12-14 weeks. The tutors are contracted to the College.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=297811.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 800 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(4) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided
(5) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(6) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(7) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(8) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(9) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: As set out and assessed via the attached PQQ documentation.
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: Every 36 months.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:7.3.2014