Domestic Abuse Refuge Accommodation Services – Webinar Event 16 March 2021
The Adults and Health commissioning team has developed a new vision, set of values, principles and core requirements for the new service provision as part of the work to develop the council’s wider response to domestic abuse and sexual violence.
LBN Domestic Abuse Refuge Accommodation Services
Onesource Partnership Ltd
- Social work services – 85310000
- Social services – 85320000
Location of contract
Domestic Abuse Refuge Accommodation Services
8 March 2021
15 March 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Adults and Health commissioning team has developed a new vision, set of values, principles and core requirements for the new service provision as part of the work to develop the council’s wider response to domestic abuse and sexual violence. To this end, the recommissioning of the refuge will demonstrate the council’s continued commitment to addressing Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence, and at its very core, the recommissioning will:
• Acknowledge the need for accommodation that provides a safe, secure and supportive space for families who have experienced significant abuse and are at risk of further harm and homicide
• Acknowledge the need to embed a trauma informed approach across Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence services and responses to domestic abuse in the borough
• Provide access to local specialist service provision that works from a person-centred perspective supporting the individual to address multiple needs (including improving physical and mental health, addressing substance misuse needs, disability, improving educational and employment opportunities, accessing legal and immigration advice, specialist advocacy and therapeutic interventions)
• Addressing the needs of children and young people by providing them with a safe, continuous environment, which is conducive to addressing their needs and ambitions and protects them from experiencing harm and abuse
• Give significant consideration to how the council supports smaller specialist community organisations to engage with and participate in Newham’s commissioning processes in respect of the council’s Community Wealth Building Strategy.
Further to this, the service will:
Reflect our Values
• That everyone has the right to live a life free from abuse and violence
• The recognition of the impact of trauma and our commitment to support the individual and families to attain post traumatic recovery
• Our commitment to understanding and addressing gender based violence
• To maximise support and increase opportunities for children and families residing in Newham
• To commission services which recognise and reflect the history and cultural diversity of the borough
- Registration form for Early Engagement Webinar Event.docx
- Market Studies
- Registration Form
- Additional text
- Early Engagement Webinar Event on Tuesday 16 March 2021 at 10am.
Should you be interested in the below – please fill out the attached Registration form prior to the engagement event.
*Please note this is not an Invitation to Tender*
At the event we
• Will be informing the Providers of the proposed tendering of Domestic Abuse Refuge accommodation services
• Explaining our priorities in line with the Council’s strategic and public health priorities
• Explore our value base and commitment to addressing equality, diversity and inclusion
• The aim of the commissioning exercise is to ensure the voice of specialist providers, service users and minoritised women are central to the bid
• Our aim is to address social inclusion, develop community resilience and embed trauma informed practice within Domestic Abuse accommodation services
The service to be recommissioned is as follows:
1. Domestic Abuse Refuge Accommodation Services
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
1000 Dockside Road